mach 1 guy's

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I am going to look at a black 03 mach I with 489 actual miles on it. this car is at a dealership and they are holding it for me until i look at it. I am not new to the mustang world, just Mach I's. they are asking 21,100.00 for it. I would like to know if this is a fair price and what i should look for in the car when i go. it is suppose to be in showroom condition. any help would be appreciated.

TRXboy

Established Member
Get it. Thing's to look for, that I wish I looked for when buying mine. Head ticking - Creaking in the front steering rack (theres a TSB for it) - the shaker rattle - and make sure the T3650 Is in good shifting order.

But that's a damn good price. Make sure the dealer didn't Jack the IUP out of it:coolman:

Last edited:

RocMach1

Established Member
Thats a sweet deal. I paid 22k 2 years ago with 3k on mine. Definitely buy it!

Angus

Established Member
That's a great price!

Buy it before someone else does... ;-)

Silver95

Established Member
Can someone please inform me about these small issues i keep hearing about the 3650's? What is wrong with them and did ford issue some sort of recall, or any sort of fix for that matter?

Mach1Run

Established Member
3650 seems to either be a hit or miss. Same 5 speed thats in the late 01-04 gts. Some hold up really well for folks and some dont. The one in my GT had to be rebuilt and the one in the mach started to go so i swapped in a t56 instead. more info on M1R.

sbrooks

Established Member
Silver95 said:
So did Ford do something about them? Any recall of any sorts?
check out the mach1registry it has a lot of information abbout Mach's and TSB's for the car I would get it you will enjoy the car

Silver95

Established Member
No doubt that i would enjoy the car, i just have to wait till summer time to see my situation, but rite now im just gethering as much info as i can. I just want to know a few things about these cars. Is there anything specific that should be paid attention to while going thru the gears?

(not to hijack this thread but it seems like hes lookin for similar answers too)

:beer:

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
thats a sweet deal... do it now!!! make sure you test drive it for a while... street and freeeway.... take your time... i got rushed when i went in for my car...took me on a 1 mile drive that was it

try kbb and see what the resale is for it... some dealerships go by that

yeah my stock trans, after i got it, kept grinding into third... no warranty or anything... got a t56 ready to be put in

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if its at a dealer they paid 17 or 18 for the car. the dealers will make more money on a used car sale than a new car sale. make sure you get a car fax, i am curious why its just sat around? car accident and they took thier time to repair it?

this is a good price but i still say work them down. i would start at 21k otd. remember the mach 1 was selling for 22k brand new a few years ago.;-)

2k3mk1

Established Member
The TSb on the trans is "supposed" to fix it. Mine has been re done 2x 1st time 7500mi 2nd time 28K miles. Currently 37K and so far so good this time.
Issues are 1-2 grind (worse when cold) and 3rd lockout.
head tick is another but some get some dont. So far so good on that 1.
There are a few other "minor" things that have been known to crop up. However overall these cars are a good performance/fun factor car for the $.
499 mi 21K full warranty I imagine Id go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread