mach1novice

Established Member
Hey everyone, im getting a mach 1 some time this summer and i want to make it mad fast. im joinin the army so i'll have some cash to spend on upgrades and mods but im not sure where to start. i saw a mach 1 with a whipple that was crazy. I don't really know that much about any of this stuff but im eager to learn it. any help? im lookin for ideas on what i can do, what i'll need to get, and possibly prices.

sdg97232

Established Member
welcom to the svtp...theres lots of good info here...id say gears sould be 1st on the list imo. if your going to stay n/a then id say 4.30, they are nice with a 5-speed. i think its around 500 for the gears and the install.

mach1novice

Established Member
thanks for the tip. could you explain a little what all that is, the 4.3 etc. i know the gearbox has to do with the transmission and shifting but i reall am just starting out and i'd like to learn all that good stuff.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Start with a kb that will fit under the shaker. Then if you want a truely epic ride(and want it to handle like a porsche) go griggs.

Last edited:

Linthemup

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend ?
How much money do you want to spend ?
Can you do any of the install work yourself ?
Do you have a place , and tools to work on the car ?

EVO-lution

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend ?
How much money do you want to spend ?
Can you do any of the install work yourself ?
Do you have a place , and tools to work on the car ?

+1...those r key things to know.

Bolt on wise? Full exhaust, 4:10's, RAI, intake spacer, 100shot and a full dyno tune :thumbsup:

mach1novice

Established Member
well, im joinin the army and i'll get pretty good pay without bills, so as far as money i should'nt have a problem. i might have to do things in steps as far as money goes but thats ok by me. i don't know too much about workin on cars right now except that i can change brake pads :p but i would def love to learn how and im a quick learner, good with my hands. i think learnin how to do the work my self would be the best thing.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Sorry if this is coming off disrespectful as I don't mean to, but what experience do you have with performance cars? By your posts you dont' seem to have too much, yet want to jump right in and go.

IMO, not the 'best' to do. Lots of the cars have been wrapped around tele poles by people with that mindset.

Just sayin'.

mach1novice

Established Member
thank you for your concern. you're correct in thinking that i dont have too much experience in the matter of these automobiles but thats why im here, i really want to learn all i can about them cause i think they're awesome. I also realize that with the amazing power comes some dangers aswell, but i assure you i am not looking to see how many cars i can beat weavin through traffic, or see how fast i can make it around corners. i have great respect and intrest in these beasts.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
well, im joinin the army and i'll get pretty good pay without bills, so as far as money i should'nt have a problem.

So your young and have no money? You have two choices: grow old with money or grow old with no money. which do you want?

Dont do anything till you start your job, and get into a routine and a budget! Start savings for retirement, roth IRA(5K a year) in addition to your military retirement. Get a emergancy fund 3 months of expenses(6-10k total). Once those are taken care of you can enjoy yourself!

mach 1 expenses(approximations only):
1k for long tubes and exhaust
1k for cai, spacer, and tune
500 for gears(4.10 or 4.30)
5k for a blower
1k-5k for suspension

also remember the money you put into the mach in mods, you will never see again!

Mighty-d

Speed Matters
Established Member
So your young and have no money? You have two choices: grow old with money or grow old with no money. which do you want?

Dont do anything till you start your job, and get into a routine and a budget! Start savings for retirement, roth IRA(5K a year) in addition to your military retirement. Get a emergancy fund 3 months of expenses(6-10k total). Once those are taken care of you can enjoy yourself!

5k for a blower
1k-5k for suspension

also remember the money you put into the mach in mods, you will never see again!

^^holds true for many toys, dont it.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
thank you for your concern. you're correct in thinking that i dont have too much experience in the matter of these automobiles but thats why im here, i really want to learn all i can about them cause i think they're awesome. I also realize that with the amazing power comes some dangers aswell, but i assure you i am not looking to see how many cars i can beat weavin through traffic, or see how fast i can make it around corners. i have great respect and intrest in these beasts.
I just have the opinion to start out with something else and work your way into it. That's me though.

Get a GT to toy with and see if this is really what you want to get into, then go from there. just my two cents.

GL though man :beer:

5k for a blower
1k-5k for suspension

:rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread