Mach 1 quarter mile times

onebadmach1

287.0 RWHP 315.6RWTQ Stock
[email protected] Stock w/ 900 miles

Went to the track with drag radials on and broke an axle and carrier on 2nd pass.Moser axles and 4.30 gears are being installed right now.Hopin for 12.60's-70's with gears in it,going to the trak maybe this weekend.Thanks

-Bob

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
0 to 60 MPH in 4.7 Seconds

I know it's off subject, but it's related at least.

With intake, exhaust, and pullies I can get to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds (give or take a tenth) on stock tires. And I'm only slipping the clutch at 2500 rpm. If anyone wants to see my spedometer video as evidence of this claim, please check my website.

Is it possible to project what my quarter mile times might be with these 0 to 60 mph times?

Last edited:

Delos04 Mach

Established Member
I hear a lot of guys tearing the axles out with DR's. Is it a bad idea to put DR's on the Mach? How much is it to upgrade the axles?

2k3mk1

Established Member
See my sig below. This was Socke except drop in K&N and Borla cat back system. Also this was my 2nd ever pass on a track in any car.

wrcRS

Established Member
This last weekend in AK a fella ran a 12.9 on stock tires. He was consistently runnin 13's though. Im not sure if his was stock or not. Our track conditions are usually 60degrees and elevations is only 50 or so feet.

Red03Mach

Established Member
13.4 @105 2.2 60ft stock on stock tires with burned clutch due to earlier pass with dragradials.

Stock machs and dragradials dont mix. I was lucky because my clutch let go before my axles on a 5k launch. If you go dragradials get upgraded axles and Clutch.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Originally posted by Delos04 Mach
I hear a lot of guys tearing the axles out with DR's. Is it a bad idea to put DR's on the Mach? How much is it to upgrade the axles?
I have heard of a few who have broken axles at the track running Dr's.. I my self have a stock rear and I have been running MT ET Drags 26x8.5x15's and haven't had a problem with them yet, and I have been launching at 4.5k-5k rpms.. I think the stock rears are built pretty good and can take alot of abuse, but I am currently getting all of my parts to build my rearend to handle what ever I throw at it.. The thing about DR's is that they don't have very much flex in the tires when you launch do to the sidewalls unlike the Slicks that have no harden sidewalls and they wrinkle when you launch that puts less stress on your rear...

Angus

Established Member
13.40 @ 104 mph when stock (I'm a CRAPPY driver :( )....

...didn't stay stock for long though :D
(Still can't drive...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread