Mach 1 specific C&L kits are now shipping!!!

CMcCarthy

Established Member
Lee Bender at C&L Performance shipped out the first Mach 1 specific meter kit to a lucky fellow named Bob today. We test fitted the new airbox for the final time on my car this afternoon, and after it checked out Lee boxed one up and sent it out.

I don't have pricing info, but you can contact C&L at http://www.cnlperformance.com for details. I suspect pricing is in line with their other 4.6 kits.

Lee spent ALOT of time getting this shroud to fit just right. I think the end result is a great product. I'll have dyno results soon, and I'll also be testing the new aluminum elbow that C&L is building for our cars as well. Lee has built the final prototype for that part, but it will take a couple of weeks for the foundry to get the tooling complete so they can begin casting it. It will be similar to their other inlet tubes, including the nitrous boss

In the meantime, here's a picture of the complete shroud assembly.

mach1CNL.jpg

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I just got an Email from Lee regarding pricing. here's a quote:

"It should be selling at the $289 price point retail. This is for the 85mm unit, 9" cone K&N filter, Mach 1 specific shield, installation tool and instructions. The inlet pipe will be priced around $149 with a maximum possible cost of $159"

Yesterday he mentioned kit pricing if you buy both pieces at once, but I don't think he's thought about that price yet since he isn't sure what the tubes will cost to manufacture yet.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Im going to wait and see if folks run into stalling issues with it.

The Hit Shield looks pretty good. Cheryl and Lee did a pretty good job on it IMO....but my stance would be to wait 1st and check for issues. Wonder if the Mach1Registry will share more problems then is reported. :rolleyes:

CMcCarthy

Established Member
What do you mean by "Wonder if the Mach1Registry will share more problems then is reported. " ?

Do you mean that they exaggerate over there, or try to cover things up? It's my opinion that they exaggerate and overreact a little, mainly because there are alot of first time Mustang owners over there.

At any rate, I've had my C&L on my car since late September and I've never had it stall at all. When its really cold outside, it exhibits a small amount of bucking for the first mile or 2 of driving, but more than one person on the Corral has reported this on totally stock Mach 1s. I guess the jury's out on whether that's related to the C&L, or whether it's a "feature" on the Mach 1s.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
CMcCarthy...sorry i wasnt shooting at you :D Just found alot of things wrong about that site. Alot of the Guys who got S/C's had issues with Tuning that was never shared.....so i never understand the secrecy behind it.

Unlike my previous relations with the 03 Cobra....information was out. Every one shared the good/bad details of the car but I saw no brother hood actions on that site.

Id like to get the C&L but my last experience with them wasnt so great. My 01 Cobra stalled every time i went into Neutral from a WOT run...in any gear. 250.00 out of pocket hurts u know? But C&L did what ever they could to address is so they are a class act....by no mean em i bashing on them.

Last edited:

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I agree that the crowd over there is a little different. I think the blower guy you're referring to was L.B... He's the one that paid $10,000 for a Novi 2000 kit :loser:

Anyway, I'll be the forst to own up to any problems I have with the C&L, but so far I'm 1000% satisfied. The issues you had with your 01 were resolved when they completely changed the meter design for the 2002+ cars. They don't make quite as much power anymore, but its well worth the tradeoff for increased reliability.

Established Member
C&L

Please keep me posted!:bowdown:
I would like to get the C&L kit with the pipe.
I would think this would make more power than the K&N kit?

I have a hole in my stock mass from my old NOS system,so i could use a new one.

If you don't mind e-mail me @ [email protected]
Thank's!:rockon:

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
So I'm guessing that is an open heat shield and not an enclosed box? I wonder if there is any difference between a fully enclosed airbox like stock, and an open heat shield where shaker air can just dump out of it.

By the way you make it seem like L.B was retarded for paying what he did for the novi 2000 kit. Don't forget that it was all custom work that pulled air from only the shaker, a one of a kind. With him being the guinea pig I bet he got a deal on everything and didn't pay 10 g's. Not trying to flame but I hate seeing people bag on his setup. He had a kick ass one of a kind mach after everything was said and done and I have to give him props for that.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
The box is not completely enclosed. If I can ever get a couple of these kits together for some dyno work, I intend to see if it makes a difference.

Regarding L.B.... you're entitled to your opinion of him, as am I. We'll leave it at that.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by CMcCarthy
I agree that the crowd over there is a little different. I think the blower guy you're referring to was L.B... He's the one that paid $10,000 for a Novi 2000 kit :loser:

Anyway, I'll be the forst to own up to any problems I have with the C&L, but so far I'm 1000% satisfied. The issues you had with your 01 were resolved when they completely changed the meter design for the 2002+ cars. They don't make quite as much power anymore, but its well worth the tradeoff for increased reliability.

OK See i was going to leave you alone from the threads on that site....now u got to come here and call a friend of mine who i hang with a Loser?

As for the tuning issues.....guess ur not aware with the deeper issues that " ALL " of them have. Its a give and take for HP VS Driveability thing. Pick and chose what u want the EEC to do. Cant have both.

So enough with the name dragging....Leave him out of it.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I agree that the EEC is a fickle beast. That's why I don't even attempt to tune my own stuff. I am fortunate enough to be able to call Chris Johnson when I need that sort of stuff. His wife's family is from Birmingham, and there happens to be a fine dyno facility down there (shameless plug for Walker Dyno Tune) so if I need tweaking I can just meet him down there when he's in town.

Most folks will agree that Mike Wesley and Chris Johnson are probably the two most knowledgeable EEC tuners in the country, and when it comes to problems like that it's best left to the experts.

I'm not saying the guy turning the screws on L.B.'s car didn't know what he was doing, but had he been able to hook up with one of those guys I think he could have gotten the best of both worlds. I also think that his injectors were partially to blame too. He'd said he was running modded injectors, which is a no-no on street cars. Some of the 55lb high impedence Siemens injectors would have probably made a world of difference.

At any rate, the axe is officially buried between me and L.B., and I hope you can overlook my past issues with him when formulating your opinion about me.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
OK but please no further talk of my friend.

Well back to topic...i just called and CMcCarthy, u are right. 289.00 for the kit and with the heat shield :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread