mach 1 times?

redstang

This kid is telling me that a mach with minor bolt ons, as in stock tb to oil pan, no motor work, you can run 11.3s and 11.4s with no weight reduction. That seems completely incorrect. anyone chime in? he says his friend ran an 11.47 @ 116. that seems a little off. anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
:eek: Is nitrous a minor bolt on? :D

Mach1 is capable of low to mid 13's stock... high 12's with some stickies. 11's??? :nono: Not with minor bolt ons and full weight.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
San Pedro Mach said:
I wish. Stock Machs run around high to mid 13s at best.

the 03 cobra owner has better info than you. many accounts of stock mack 1's hitting 13.0-13.2 @ 105+

full exhaust, intake, gears and few other mods, they can hit low 12.2 with no engine mods. i believe the best factory stock(racing class) time is 11.7. but to get those numbers numerous mods are manditory.

the question i have is, would the addition of nitrous or a blower be considered as no motor work?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the 03 cobra owner has better info than you. many accounts of stock mack 1's hitting 13.0-13.2 @ 105+

full exhaust, intake, gears and few other mods, they can hit low 12.2 with no engine mods. i believe the best factory stock(racing class) time is 11.7. but to get those numbers numerous mods are manditory.

the question i have is, would the addition of nitrous or a blower be considered as no motor work?

SPmach is no idiot. I can't speak for him, but I am guessinghe was going with safe times. mid to upper 13s with an Auto tranny, and low to mid 13s with a 5spd.

And please dont' say "they can hit low 12.2 with no engine mods." You make it sound like it is very common. It isn't. You dont' need more than two hands to count how many stock motored machs run low 12s. Yes, it can be done it is obvious, but you are posting a best case scenario.

To answer the poster's question....they guy is on crack and has NO clue what he is talking about. But then again, the bottle and a blower are bolt ons...............technically. :beer:

redstang

no power adders what so ever. he is vouching for his friend say that i'm calling his friend a liar bc i dont believe he ran 11.47 at 116 with no power adder, full weight, and untouched motor. :whine: he just wont listen :nono:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
SPmach is no idiot. I can't speak for him, but I am guessinghe was going with safe times. mid to upper 13s with an Auto tranny, and low to mid 13s with a 5spd.

And please dont' say "they can hit low 12.2 with no engine mods." You make it sound like it is very common. It isn't. You dont' need more than two hands to count how many stock motored machs run low 12s. Yes, it can be done it is obvious, but you are posting a best case scenario.

i did say they can hit low twelves because it has been done, and by more than a few mach 1's. i did not say its easy. i did not say it should be expected. even you said it has happened. so it can happen.

i dont know san pedro, and i meant no offense by my comment. his figures were off though. he did not differenciate between stick or auto. when most people see stock mach 1's at the strip they are running mid to high 13 if not low 14s. why? driver error. the car has more in it. a good driver at a low level track can get a 13.2 out of a stock 5 speed. a great driver can go lower. thats is all i was saying. :beer:

Angus

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i believe the best factory stock(racing class) time is 11.7.

11.69's - 11.8's are doable for the average owner/driver with the untouched (internally) factory engine (I've hit 11.86 with a LOT more left in the car for example), and the F/S guys are in the low(er) 11's now (11.3's - 11.4's) with relatively mild internal work + great driving/tuning.

As you stated though, there's more than a few mods needed to get there...

LXH89

Established Member
My mach with only a K&N and ET Streets went 12.70@107mph.

With a prochamber added its gone 12.56@107mph (1/4 mile mph down due to headwind). Without the head wind, it would have trapped around 109mph.

Tony

SpeedKillz

Established Member
fastwhite86gt said:
This kid is telling me that a mach with minor bolt ons, as in stock tb to oil pan, no motor work, you can run 11.3s and 11.4s with no weight reduction. That seems completely incorrect. anyone chime in? he says his friend ran an 11.47 @ 116. that seems a little off. anyone?

Maybe He is an idiot :shrug: ...maybe the Mach is really a C6 Z06 ;-)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
Maybe He is an idiot :shrug: ...maybe the Mach is really a C6 Z06 ;-)

to result to name calling is uncalled for. whether he is off on his facts(ive been wrong before) or if he is expanding the truth a little(i have done that as well) means nothing. the big question that needs to be asked is what does no motor mods mean? no internal work, or no power adders, or both?

it is very safe to say that the mach 1 is a low 12 car with little work. to get the mach 1 into the 11's one needs many mods and weight reduction, or a simple power adder. cut and dry thats what the mach 1 can accomplish on the strip.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
How can you say you can't hit low 12's with out any engine mods.. Well just to let you know I did just that.. I ran back to back 12.254's and 12.255's at Texas Motorplex.. The only mods I had at the time which wasn't very many was a SLP O/R X pipe, Magnaflow catback, Drop in K&N filter, Built rear with 4.10 gear, shifter, stock rims with 17" ET Streets in the rear, I did have a little weight reduction by taking out he passenger and rear seats, race weight was 3400lbs with me in it.. I also had the stock tune, stock manifolds, etc... So I wouldn't say it can't be done because it has and by many people.. Just because the driver can't drive the car as fast as the car can really go doesn't mean it can't do it..

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
A friend of mine ran a 12.7 with his 03 mach1. He has K&N FIPK, UPR O/R X, Built rearend with 4.10's SCT custom flash, UPR shifter, and rear seat delete, and BFG drags. This was at bradenton in Florida, and he won the burnout contest with his SLP line lock.

Its the azure blue mach in the backround of my sig.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I believe a mach can run low 12's with no engine work. i know someone with a 03 and saw him run 13 flat with just 410's. He is blown now with 9lbs of boost running on stock tires at 121 mph in the 1/4. Of course the time was bad because of the tires, but the mph is good for mid 11's. So low 12's on bolt ons is not out of the question. I also saw a 04 run 12.9 with exhaust and nitto's.

Users who are viewing this thread