Mach 1 vs M3

Mach Boy

Established Member
On my way into the office I came up to a stoplight and next to me were two college aged kids in a grey M3 about the same year as my car. As the oncoming left lane got the green I could see him easing off the clutch a little nosing forward repeatedly so I knew he was game.

The light turns green and we're off. Going into second I had a half car and from there it was all out murder. I hit third and he's 2 cars back. At 90 I'm looking back and he's a good 3-4 cars back and still in it. I threw it in 4th thinking this guy likes to take a beating. I took it up another 20mph to around 110 and hit the brakes. All in all he was 4-5 cars back in what was close to a quarter mile race.

No flyby as I approached my turnoff a mile up. He just went on his way ignoring my thumb up.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Good kill.

I will never forget the cocky punk in his M3 who smirked at me in my Mach. He pulled along side of me a shot me a look as if to say he'd spank my ass. He was about 5 cars behind at the top of 4th, he never came back along side. Haha. I wasn't even supercharged at the time.

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill. I wonder the outcome had you just been bolt one without came. I always was amazed that the E46 was able to keep up with a more displacement,more cylinder car in a race the M3 was no built for ( straight line) .

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill. With 333 hp those cars could move out with a good driver and you embarrassed him!

I have one that I made into a dedicated rack car. I did take it to the strip once and it is a solid 13.2-13.4 car stock but that's it. It is made to carve up the track.

Good kill OP.

Extremite

Established Member
Good kill, OP. I've learned over the last few years that my M3 isn't all that fast on the highway...that's what my Mustang is for. My M is an absolute blast on windy back roads or mountain runs, though, while the Mustang is sketchy at best.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill, OP. I've learned over the last few years that my M3 isn't all that fast on the highway...that's what my Mustang is for. My M is an absolute blast on windy back roads or mountain runs, though, while the Mustang is sketchy at best.

Exactly:
1185504_706579509358589_1776983028_n_zpsce3198f6.jpg

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Kaz109

I had basically the same setup sans cams as the OP. Gears are one of the best if not the best mod for Mach's. It still would have raped that M3. I routinely took down higher hp cars with similar mods (mostly F-Body LS1's)

kaz109

Established Member
Kaz109

I had basically the same setup sans cams as the OP. Gears are one of the best if not the best mod for Mach's. It still would have raped that M3. I routinely took down higher hp cars with similar mods (mostly F-Body LS1's)

So u are saying u had cams?

kaz109

Established Member
Too bad it wasn't a new m3. Those things are beasts. Nice kill

Wouldnt want to see that. An E92 on the other hand would be a good one. V8 vs V8 . Both NA and both close in displacement ( 4.0 vs 4.6 )

02 WIFE

Established Member
Kaz109

When my Ls1 camaro was stock I had no trouble with mach 1s.

Users who are viewing this thread