Mach 1 vs MazdaSpeed 6

Mach Boy

Established Member
I don't get a whole lot of play but I came across a MazdaSpeed 6. It was a few cars up at a light, turning left onto a long stretch of 2 lane road. I passed the cars ahead of me on the right because they were accelerating a little slow for my taste. The MS6 was in the right lane a few car lengths ahead of the pack. I get beside him, I hear him downshift, and as I'm downshifting from 6 to 4 he takes the hit. We were going 70 and he hung with me for a second as I should have probably went to 3rd. When I hit 110 I let off and he was a good 5 to 6 cars back.

As we approach the next light a half mile up he asked what power adder was under the hood to which I replied all motor. He said that car is the first Mustang that has ever beaten him and he loved the sound of it. I said thanks and took my turn off the highway.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
I love hearing that, "first mustang that's ever beat em". Nice kill!

Blackoyote

Established Member
I'm sure he'll still use the line 'I've never been beat by any Mustang, they're all slow.'

Nice kill, sir.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
as I'm downshifting from 6 to 4 he takes the hit.
6 Speed in Mach??? Does a transmission count as "bolt ons and cam?"

We were going 70 and he hung with me for a second as I should have probably went to 3rd.
Really, 4th is way out...

He said that car is the first Mustang that has ever beaten him and he loved the sound of it.
I guess he doesn't race many Mustangs. I cant imagine ever thinking this would be a good race in anything but a V6.

Last edited:

Mach Boy

Established Member
6 Speed in Mach??? Does a transmission count as "bolt ons and cam?"

Really, 4th is way out...

I guess he doesn't race many Mustangs. I cant imagine ever thinking this would be a good race in anything but a V6.
T56 w/ 26 spline input and 4.10s. I would have shifted to 4th at 90. And if anything the T56 is probably hurting my performance than helping it. More weight and a longer 1st gear don't help me get off the line faster.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
True..the Tremec 3650 has a more suitable gearing for the N/A MACH but as already stated, a 4.30 or 4.56 would probably work out nicely with your T56.
Good kill!

BTW..What kind of Mustangs has the MS6 been racing for one never to beat him? Maybe the quick ones just don't give him the time of day. LOL

rahu8670

Established Member
True..the Tremec 3650 has a more suitable gearing for the N/A MACH but as already stated, a 4.30 or 4.56 would probably work out nicely with your T56.
Good kill!

BTW..What kind of Mustangs has the MS6 been racing for one never to beat him? Maybe the quick ones just don't give him the time of day. LOL

That's what I'm wondering lol
Good kill!

Mach Boy

Established Member
I don't see many 5.0s here. I do see a few 4.6 2Vs and they make similar power to the MS6. And of course he probably doesn't know one model from the other and has been running the billions of sixxers out there.

Elwood617

Established Member
Good race :)

Good kill!

He has been racing 2V or V6's most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread