Mach 1 vs Mitsu Lancer

32VMACH1

Established Member
Guys,
I thought I would post this kill over here and see if you could help me understand.
Coming home on Hwy 74 today out of Charlotte, this kid in a silver Mitsubishi Lancer with loud exhaust on the car comes flying up beside me and slows to my speed of 50 mph. He throws a huge rev and pulls away while Im cruising. He looks in the rear view and pats the top of the car with his left hand.
That wasnt a smart move as I gear down and fly up beside him. Slowing to his speed ...with my index finger I motion for him to go first. He nods and takes off (you can tell it was a manual because he downshifted hard)
He gets about half a car before I hit the loud pedal come flying past him HARD! After putting two full bus lengths on him I slow back down and he comes right beside me again. AGAIN he starts patting the top of his roof
I motion for him to go again a he leaves hard once more. I give him a whole car length and slam down in my powerband to pull hard AGAIN!
As Im going by him he is patting the top
I just tap the brake lights a few times and go on about my way.

My question is ...
was it an EVO or just a regular version?
He did not have the huge spoiler on the rear and I didnt get to look at the hood for the indentions the EVO has (I was concentrating on the road at 120 mph)
His car was lowered and sporting the aftermarket exhaust.
It really makes me wonder so what do you guys think?
I know the EVO can scat off the line with its AWD , but from a roll would I have put the hurt on him that bad? Trust me it was BAD!!!!

Thanks in advance

Mike

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
On SVTPerformance: it was probably an Evo with a fully built stroker motor and a huge turbo upgrade, but because you drive a Mustang and the Evos suck from a roll, you beat him easily.

Real world: it was probably a base model Lancer with a muffler taped on.

Good kill though (seriously), the kid sounds like a dink and should have known better than to screw with a Mach. :beer:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Evos suck from a high-speed roll. I had a fixed up one try to pass me in the carpool lane leading on to the 10-freeway here in Los Angeles and he wasn't much. I have raced 2 other Evos at freeway speeds and they have minimal acceleration at higher miles per hour

Sephiroth

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
On SVTPerformance: it was probably an Evo with a fully built stroker motor and a huge turbo upgrade, but because you drive a Mustang and the Evos suck from a roll, you beat him easily.

Good kill though (seriously), the kid sounds like a dink and should have known better than to screw with a Mach. :beer:

:beer:
I love you. :??: :D

Sephiroth

Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Evos suck from a high-speed roll. I had a fixed up one try to pass me in the carpool lane leading on to the 10-freeway here in Los Angeles and he wasn't much. I have raced 2 other Evos at freeway speeds and they have minimal acceleration at higher miles per hour

No offense, I don't, or didn't see a power adder in your sig for ya car.
You would lose BAD to a modded EVO on a roll. :shrug:
Sorry. :(
For perspective, a 'modded EVO' in my eyes, and many I have seen, they trap 120 or so, and I guess that is SLOW and stuff, but, my GT couldn't keep up...............maybe my neon.......but.................yea. :poke:

*Edit 2: How much hp do those racing seats give your 99 cobra? :D
Hope you at least have the 'fix'. :lol1:

Last edited:

SteveChris

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:

in this forum noone loses, NOONE! :mj:
we don't tolerate losers here! :cuss:
BUT if you do happen to lose, do what ricers do to the video (if one exists if not substitute words)..actually this applies to winning too
1: you drove a mustang (DO NOT specify model, upgrades or anything!)
2: The other car was heavily modded, if it wasnt turbo'd from factory then you think you heard one, if it was then it was bigger)
3: splash every scene of your car racing with MISSED SHIFT text, make sure it's visible.
4: you ALWAYS honk
5: they ALWAYS jump on the first honk
6: make sure its midnight with no lights, and throw you hazards no matter what the outcome.

Sephiroth

Established Member
SteveChris said:
BUT if you do happen to lose, do what ricers do to the video (if one exists if not substitute words)..actually this applies to winning too
2: The other car was heavily modded, if it wasnt turbo'd from factory then you think you heard one, if it was then it was bigger)
3: splash every scene of your car racing with MISSED SHIFT text, make sure it's visible.
6: make sure its midnight with no lights, and throw you hazards no matter what the outcome.

Actually, only the03/04 Cobra's do not lose, and of course most of the 'bottom feeders' (any lesse cobra's) pick up the scraps.
This forum has become quite a joke in the last 2 years. :pop:

3000ways

Established Member
Sephiroth said:
Actually, only the03/04 Cobra's do not lose, and of course most of the 'bottom feeders' (any lesse cobra's) pick up the scraps.
This forum has become quite a joke in the last 2 years. :pop:

Agreed.
Well all know 300WHP Mach 1s put bus lengths on 340WHP EVOs, cuz Machs are so f*ckin fast dude :rockon: :rolleyes:

Sorry for the attitude, but like somebody said earlier, on this site it was an EVO, in the real world a Lancer Oz Rally Edition.

Last edited:

Sephiroth

Established Member
3000ways said:
Agreed.
Well all know 300WHP Mach 1s put bus lengths on 340WHP EVOs, cuz Machs are so f*ckin fast dude :rockon: :rolleyes:

Sorry for the attitude, but like somebody said earlier, on this site it was an EVO, in the real world a Lancer Oz Rally Edition.

Despite me sig, I am a owner of a Mustang.
Next car, will be either a Chevy(they actually have balls without FI in the V8 world, or a turbo 4).
My last car was a neon, before the turbo. With a few mods. :beer:

SteveChris

Established Member
soooooo
why are you two here again?? :poke:
i dont like evo's...so i dont post in evo forums
if you want to grow a mullet..whoa sorry i mean if you want to drive a chevy be my guest. we'll disown you

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:

HEHE HEHE that's funny.

SteveChris

Established Member
and just to clear something up
"this kid in a silver Mitsubishi Lancer
My question is ...
was it an EVO or just a regular version?"
he asked, didnt say
so your bitching about something that didnt happen

LS1Mike

F-body whore
Established Member
SteveChris said:
I spit my beer all over my computer! :lol:

32VMACH1

Established Member
Thanks Bro,
It very well could have been the oz edition ....lol
I know EVOs and WRX AWD cars are a definate force to be recconed with.
My car on slicks and skinnies has turned 7.90s in the 1/8th mile , but not sure if it would fair well against a modded EVO on stickies at the 1/8th mile track.
Definately I would love to line up against one.

Later
Mike

StangJason

Established Member
Sephiroth said:
Despite me sig, I am a owner of a Mustang.
Next car, will be either a Chevy(they actually have balls without FI in the V8 world, or a turbo 4).
My last car was a neon, before the turbo. With a few mods. :beer:

Please get a Chevy and last I checked there were several non-FI Mustangs with stroker motors and spray running around here that have balls running around my area so I figure you are from BFE.

Oh and complaining about FI and turbo is just another pussy Chevy owner excuse of saying I've got too much compression to use a turbo or supercharger so I'm stuck with filling a bottle and all of the pain in the ass things that go along with the temporary power given by N2O. I'm a firm believer run what you brung and not being a bitch by complaining about what other people having power adders etc...balls are balls normal aspirated or FI so get over it :loser:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Hey 32VMACH1, I just noticed your 4:30 gears on your car and your mods. I am a member of a mustang club in Jersey and we have a couple of MACH1s with similar setups as you. At Ford day at Raceway park, one went 12.4 in the 1/4 and the other went 12.5 (with Nittos). Those mods you have will walk quite a few cars....so do not underestimate yourself. :coolman:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I honetly do not understand the EVO and STI guys. You guys are so sensitive when you here something about your cars on a forum. First of all, things do happen on the street but do not always believe what you read because people have a way of putting their own spin on stories. This is the same on the EVO site also (which I am a member of). It looks like every EVO can beat any kind of Mustang or LS1 or LS2 for that matter. Again, I do not believe what I read. However, what everyone should realize is that each car sits somewhere on the food chain and you have to know its place. The EVOs and STIs are very fast accelerating cars because they are rally cars (quick accelerating cars comming out of a turn). However, your cars are not meant for accelerating "hard" at higher speed. Rally cars do not require this. Different cars are built for different types of racing. It is that simple. When your talking about American muscle cars, it is a tradition that dates back to before Japan even made a descent car. American muscle cars are made for this and they do it well. Just my take! Ohh, when cars are modded than all bets are off. It just depends who has more cash! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread