Mach 1 vs Newer Vette

Mach Boy

Established Member
So I'm driving back home from work and I'm turning left onto a one lane road that later on turns into two. When I'm at the red light I didn't notice the car behind me but later I noticed it was a Corvette. There were two cars in front of us and I managed to weave in between them when the road opened up. To my happy eyes the Corvette followed right behind me and slammed on the brakes so we could both catch a red light together. I looked over at him and said nice car and he said thanks. Then I asked if he wanted to go when the light turned green and he just laughed. So I'm sitting there thinking I'm going go and if I lose I'm supposed to and if I win I've beat my first Vette.

The light turns green and we take off. I jumped ahead and kept a half car lead through 2nd. And when I get to 80 I noticed he had let off. He pulled back up next to me and I gave him the thumbs up. He did the same and said it's only got 3000 miles on it. I just told him nice and we didnt' get the chance to go again. I don't know if that was supposed to mean he was babying it or it was an excuse but he definitely had to have been on the gas to be keeping up.

Patisi

Established Member
So I'm driving back home from work and I'm turning left onto a one lane road that later on turns into two. When I'm at the red light I didn't notice the car behind me but later I noticed it was a Corvette. There were two cars in front of us and I managed to weave in between them when the road opened up. To my happy eyes the Corvette followed right behind me and slammed on the brakes so we could both catch a red light together. I looked over at him and said nice car and he said thanks. Then I asked if he wanted to go when the light turned green and he just laughed. So I'm sitting there thinking I'm going go and if I lose I'm supposed to and if I win I've beat my first Vette.

The light turns green and we take off. I jumped ahead and kept a half car lead through 2nd. And when I get to 80 I noticed he had let off. He pulled back up next to me and I gave him the thumbs up. He did the same and said it's only got 3000 miles on it. I just told him nice and we didnt' get the chance to go again. I don't know if that was supposed to mean he was babying it or it was an excuse but he definitely had to have been on the gas to be keeping up.

Well, we'll never know. Do you think you would have been able to keep up with him? Maybe he felt sorry for you. Maybe he felt it was a lowly Mach. We'll never know.

JoePac

Established Member

:bs::bs::bs:Kidding nice run.

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
i mean the street is the street, anything can happen etc,...
but a c6 shouldnt lose to a mach1, assuming the numbers in your sig. are correct.
i mean i love mustangs, but mustangs will be mustangs and corvettes will be corvettes.
if a 300hp mach1 outperformed a 430hp(stock base ls3 c6) few-hundred pound lighter vet, then it would be quite the rip off for anyone to ever buy a corvette dont ya think?;-)

Mach Boy

Established Member
I'm full bolt on minus LTs with tune, springs, upper/lower control arms, and full length subframe connectors. It was an older guy probably nearing, if not, 50 and I'm guessing that if I won legitimately it was because he didn't know how to drive the car. I mean we didn't even get above 70-80 (I couldn't tell for sure because we both braked for traffic ahead).

SlwSVT

Established Member
You only raced to 80mph. The Vettes has long legs. They will do 120 in 3rd gear alone and that 3rd gear is the bread and butter of those cars. Chances are if you all would of stayed into it thru 120 or so, he would of put a few lengths on you.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Yeah it seems like from what you explained he let off way before 80mph. Those LS3's are just insane, and even the 6speed auto cars run very good. Even still he was a mutual instigator so a kill is a kill on the street. I think he only told you about the miles to let you know that the car is stock since you are obviously modded.

LS2GTO

Established Member
It was an older guy probably nearing, if not, 50 and I'm guessing that if I won legitimately it was because he didn't know how to drive the car.

Yet another old guy in a vette that either doesn't know how to drive or just drives it slow all the time. With him putting down 350-360rwhp and being lighter I would have guessed he would've been all over you even at low speeds.

Good kill nonetheless, but don't expect every stock C6 to be driven as poorly as this one. I hope to god not just for the sake of the name.

jt239

Established Member
It was an older guy probably nearing, if not, 50 and I'm guessing that if I won legitimately it was because he didn't know how to drive the car.

Typical vette owner IMO. I cant seem to get them to ever run with me!

Good kill. :beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yep....definitely shouldnt' have happened.....but, it's the street. I think the mods you have helped plant that SOB and since he's new to the car, he didnt' think he would catch back up to you. He probably thought your shaker was an S/C. LOL

Nice Kill.

Users who are viewing this thread