Mach 1 with 65k miles

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
I found a 2004 Mach 1 with 65,000 miles for $14,500 at a semi local dealership. I called the dealership and asked them what is wrong with the car b/c of the low asking price, the salesman told me that the previous owners girlfriend keyed both rear quarter panels (which the dealership touched up with touch up paint), and two of the wheels have curb rash. He said mechanically the car is sound. Only mods that I know of include a borla catback and a cd/dvd headunit.

What do you think about this? Is it worth looking into? Should I worry about anything b/c of the semi high mileage (as I am sure the car was not babied)?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sounds like a good buy, definitely take it for a thorough test drive. I'd key that bitch's face if that were my car she did that to.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
they used touch up paint to fix the rear quarter panels, if someone keyed it touch up paint doenst sound like it would fix it

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
they used touch up paint to fix the rear quarter panels, if someone keyed it touch up paint doenst sound like it would fix it

If properly wetsanded and buffed, and assuming the bitch didn't key it too hard, you'd never notice.

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
I am assuming the dealer just applied some touch-up paint to the scratches to cover them up. The way the salesman made it sound, they did not take the time to fix them properly, thus the reason they are asking below blue book value.

The dealer is located in Windber, Pa.

Mach1threat

OoO
Established Member
I have basically the same car minus the keying (knock on wood) & its an automatic. I can tell you that I have had zero problems except brakes need to be done. Couple creaks in the suspension, but what else is new? I had that problem when i first got the car because of the crappy bushings they use

Users who are viewing this thread