Mach 1 With a Kenne Bell?

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
Hey guys I have been thinking of buying a 03-04 Mach 1 and was wondering how much boost will a stock motor take with a 2.2-2.8 Kenne Bell, With a boost a pump?

Last edited:

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
not much...we have the same crap rods and pistons as the GTs...the manuals have a nice forged crank(same as the cobras) so forge the rest of the motor before you grenade it and ruin a perfectly good crank...

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
With an after cooler and a mild tune I would say 6-8 psig. Those positive displacement superchargers are rough on an engine at low RPMs. It's my personal belief the 4 valve Mach motor is best suited for a centrifugal supercharger or turbo. Very little boost at low RPMs and it allows the motor to breath and build boost on more natural curve.

Forge the engine, do what you wish.

Last edited:

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
8616v said:
not much...we have the same crap rods and pistons as the GTs...the manuals have a nice forged crank(same as the cobras) so forge the rest of the motor before you grenade it and ruin a perfectly good crank...

Why in the world did Ford do that? You would think since it's a 4v they would do it just like the 03-04 Cobra Motors, Owell can't changed there minds now... It just changed my mind between a Cobra and Mach 1.
Thanks guys..

Last edited:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
With an after cooler and a mild tune I would say 6-8 psig. Those positive displacement superchargers are rough on an engine at low RPMs. It's my personal belief the 4 valve Mach motor is best suited for a centrifugal supercharger or turbo. Very little boost at low RPMs and it allows the motor to breath and build boost on more natural curve.

+1

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:

OH shut up..what do you know....:lol: Just kidding.

BTW - KB and P/C have intercoolers.....Vortech has the aftercooler...:beer:

And for the record...I personally agree with your comment.:beer:

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
1stCobra said:
Why in the world did Ford do that? You would think since it's a 4v they would do it just like the 03-04 Cobra Motors, Owell can't changed there minds now... It just changed my mind between a Cobra and Mach 1.
Thanks guys..

it would have cost like $8 more...or something stupid...we do have a different block too you know, really the only thing we share with the cobras is the crank and heads...

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys I have been thinking of buying a 03-04 Mach 1 and was wondering how much boost will a stock motor take with a 2.2-2.8 Kenne Bell, With a boost a pump?

Well I'm going to try 11psi on the 1.7 KB with the stock block.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Got the #'s with the 11 pounds of boost.
504 RWHP
480RWTq
11.5 IIRC air fuel ratio. :eek:

I'll try to post the dyno sheet later on.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
1stCobra said:

Save yourself the trouble & go turbo! I think the 2.2L KB is the biggest that will fit on the Mach 1... Forge your bottom end before everything or get a nice stroker kit!!! :rockon: :beer:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
untitled-1.jpg

Silver95

Established Member
So since its not a good idea to take a mach 1 into boosted applications, what can one expect from Naturally Aspirated results? What sort of numbers are you guys breaking into without major major work (ie. boring over, strokers, etc)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Silver95 said:
So since its not a good idea to take a mach 1 into boosted applications, what can one expect from Naturally Aspirated results? What sort of numbers are you guys breaking into without major major work (ie. boring over, strokers, etc)

A full bolt-on Mach 1 will make somewhere around 330-350 RWHP & 345-365 RWTQ (depending on the tune/aftermarket products). W/ a stroker & cams you can have 400+ RWHP/RWTQ.

On a different note... Can a N/A Mach 1 break into the 11's category w/ drag radials (no slicks). I'm almost sure it can be done, but I haven't really heard of it happening first hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread