Mach 460 mids not working? Help

MAXX RS4

Established Member
What's up everybody, it's been a while since I've posted on the boards. Probably a whole new crowd in here!

Anyway, I've been having some issues with my mach 460 setup. For some reason unknown, the front mids are not getting any signal - so theyre not producing any sound. I yanked out the speakers (pioneer ts-a6815 180W) and they are indeed working just fine.

I checked the harness that connects directly to the speaker and there is a closed circuit according to my voltmeter, but no power is coming through. From what I understand these speakers are powered from and receive signal from one of the amps under the trunk lid?

Any ideas on what the issue can be, what to look for etc? I'm basically a noob with this audio stuff through and through, so any help would be hugely appreciated!

MAXX RS4

Established Member
Well I decided to pull out the amp from under the trunk and opened it up. Looks like it's fried in two places: R807 and R808. The little resistor looking things are blown apart and the circuit board is charred :shrug:

Damn it. I just laid out cash for a new hu too, and now I have this expense. I don't even know what to look for. 4 channel amp? What kind of ratings etc? Again, total noob with this audio stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread