Mach Interior Paint Question

ArtMan

Established Member
I am trying to find the codes or any availability info for the silver paint used on the Mach IUP. I need the Dark Silver used on the AC/radio bezel and shifter utility tray. I also need the Bright Silver used on the shifter bezel and door lock soldiers.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

ArtMan

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
ArtMan said:
I am trying to find the codes or any availability info for the silver paint used on the Mach IUP. I need the Dark Silver used on the AC/radio bezel and shifter utility tray. I also need the Bright Silver used on the shifter bezel and door lock soldiers.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

ArtMan

If you find it let me know too, thanks :beer:

ArtMan

Established Member
BUFFMUSTANG30 said:
If you find it let me know too, thanks :beer:
Will do...although at this point I don't have much hope. I have been searching for this for quite some time. I had hoped to find it in an aerosol can through Ford, like the Midnight Black, No luck. I have tried many other sources. Guess I'll have to take the parts to a paint shop and have a color scan and custom mix made, just didn't want to for a few interior pieces.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Thats what I was thinking, what are you gonna paint, my plan was just the pieces around the door window buttons shaped like a triangle.

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
I know for a fact it was posted on the registry a while back. I believe it was hamradioextra.

ArtMan

Established Member
Here is what I have found so far:

For the Mach IUP AC/Radio bezel and Shifter Utility Tray color.

Specifics on the paint: PPG #902178 - 2003 Ford Car & Truck Interior " Medium Gray Metallic". It's Deltron DIU Interior Basecoat Color that does not require clearcoating.

This paint can be purchased from an automotive paint supplier, and needs to be mixed with a reducer/hardner. The paint when mixed with the hardner has a "working life" of about three hours.

Still no info on the bright silver Ford used on the shifter bezel and door lock soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread