Mach Rims and track times

rev440

young punk
Established Member
I went tto the track today and couldnt get out ofthe 14's. I spun the tires about 5 rotations each time to clean them and not get them to hot because they are stock street tires. The best I did was a 2.23 short time with a 14.2 at 98.2. Rear tires were at 31psi fronts were 35psi and the temp was roughly 50ish. I couldnt hook to save my life and I didnt want to roast the heck of my street tires. So I came home sized up some mach 1 rims and did some work. The offset isnt to awful they stick out about .4 inches if I had to guess didnt measure it. I did some testing with the Nitto 555r's. I know they dont hook that well for most cars but for an auto GT with a gear it felt pretty good compared to the awful 60 I felt at the track today. The reason I didnt put the radials on from the get go was the car felt good on the street from a dig so I figured there was no need. I will be going back wednesday with 555r's on my quest for 13 anything with a 3.55 geared auto GT n a radial. I thought Id show you guys some pics of what the car looks like from the back and the side to give an idea of how it looks with the offset difference. Followed by some pics of the car.

thatllwork.jpg

mustangradials002.jpg

mustang1.jpg

mustang2.jpg

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Its dirt and grime from the waterbox the car just needs cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread