mach vs audi

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Raced an audi the other evening (dont really know which one) The car was a hatch back though (first I have ever seen)... Any ways I see these HID lights swerve behind me aways back and a car come flying up behind me.. but he doesnt pass me. He just lurks behind me a follwos for a couple of miles (I assume he is sizing me up for a race). Guess I was right, He proceeds to take off past me and then slow down in front of me... Ok no problem i'll play your game, so I creep up on his bumper and we both proceed to take off at about 65 or so. I pull next to him quick and start to pull untill we come up to traffic... so we back off and go at it again this time with me in front. I wait for him to start to come up next to me his bumper at my driver door before I hit it and the same out come... It was fun and the guy pulled up next to me gave me a big thumbs up and drove off. the funiest thing of it was how pissed the girl in his car looked. Does any one have any idea what kind of audi this was, could it be a S4 (i didnt even think to look for badges)...

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Thanks... I am sure ill see him again I was looking at the audi website it was an Avant and no s3 is made... possible a4 a6 or s4 or a3 (assuming v6 verzion of a3 or 4 since it was a closer race and not a civicish put down) Probably not the s4 unless it is an over rated 340 hp all wheel drive... I need to see that guy again and find out what kind of car he drives.

Yea, it had to be a A3. An s4 would have left you in the dust! My girl has an 05 Limited Edition A4 and we are looking to get into picking up an S4. Just not sure of the year yet. She is gonna buy it!! Good Kill!!

stango

StangoWango
Established Member
VegasSVTWanted said:
Yea, it had to be a A3. An s4 would have left you in the dust! My girl has an 05 Limited Edition A4 and we are looking to get into picking up an S4. Just not sure of the year yet. She is gonna buy it!! Good Kill!!

He would have beat an S4 if was running stock boost but either way good race. S4 is a mid to high 13 sec quarter mile WITH a good launch or low 14s with a decent launch. From a roll is does not have that advantage. A mach should run low 13s.

joegt38

Established Member
stango said:
He would have beat an S4 if was running stock boost but either way good race. S4 is a mid to high 13 sec quarter mile WITH a good launch or low 14s with a decent launch. From a roll is does not have that advantage. A mach should run low 13s.
Not a new s4, N/A v8 and 345 HP maybe , I could be wrong. There are quite a few very quick modded turbo S4s to....

Last edited:

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
A3 sportback. 200hp 2.0T. can get easy power with chip tunning. decent car, but i'd rather have the MkV GTi.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
svt_foci said:
Thanks... I am sure ill see him again I was looking at the audi website it was an Avant and no s3 is made... possible a4 a6 or s4 or a3 (assuming v6 verzion of a3 or 4 since it was a closer race and not a civicish put down) Probably not the s4 unless it is an over rated 340 hp all wheel drive... I need to see that guy again and find out what kind of car he drives.
Avant is not a hatchback it's an Estate (think you guys might call them station wagons).

And there are S3's well in Europe any how.

An A3 is just a Golf which is the same engine, gearox, chassis as a Seat (Spanish) and a Skoda. But they charge a lot more money for them to say Audi on the badge.

An A3 looks nothing like an S4 Avant you can't mix them up it would be like saying a Mustang looks like a Focus.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Avant is not a hatchback it's an Estate (think you guys might call them station wagons).

And there are S3's well in Europe any how.

An A3 is just a Golf which is the same engine, gearox, chassis as a Seat (Spanish) and a Skoda. But they charge a lot more money for them to say Audi on the badge.

An A3 looks nothing like an S4 Avant you can't mix them up it would be like saying a Mustang looks like a Focus.
if you go to audiusa.com you can see that each avant looks very similar...and no s3 on the site, but thank you for your input...oh and you are right I found out it is a "wagon"...just looked like a much shorter version almost like a hatchback...

Users who are viewing this thread