Machined Teksid block, Mahle Pistons, rods, balanced crank, more parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronsP71

Established Member
Hi. I started a project last year and lost interest in it. I have a ton of parts. Heres the list
Teksid block- Pulled from 98 LSC Mark VIII, hot tanked, bored and honed .20 over by Mustang Specialties in Pompano, deck is perfectly flat, mains are perfect, this is totally in spec and ready to be used. $500
Here is a video of the block http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU5AcpsHeHs&feature=youtu.be
Balanced Crankshaft - This was fully balanced by Mustang Specialties in Pompano. The journals was polished. This is the stock crank out of the 98 LSC Mark VIII but these are proven good to 1000 HP. $200
Mahle flat top Pistons .20 over - Mahle 4.6 / 5.4 Forged FLAT TOP Pistons w/ Rings
These where installed on rods but never even put into the short block. There is some light scratching on a few of the pistons on the outside area near where the pin retaining rings go as seen in this pic. All of the bearing surfaces are perfect. $400
Modmax Forged 5140 I beam Rods- Installed onto pistons and never used. These are in brand new condition. ModMax 4.6 Forged 5140 I-Beam Rods $225
ARP Main Stud Kit 4.6 Aluminum 4 bolt blocks- These were installed in block but not used. ARP Main Stud Kit 4.6 Aluminum 4 Bolt Blocks
$150
King Main Bearings for Aluminum blocks: These where installed but the block was never used so these are new except not in package. http://www.modmaxracing.com/product_p/kngmb5281si.htm $45
King Rod Bearings all 4.6 and 5.4 New in Box http://www.modmaxracing.com/product_p/kngcr868si.htm $35
Polished Timing Cover for Teksid block I polished this thing out pretty nice. $200
Stock Ford Racing Head bolts New in box, full set of 20 $30
99-01 Cobra Lower intake manifold I ported this and never welded the bottom lid back on. Just needs the bottom lid tig welded back on. $100

More to come including pics

Last edited:

AaronsP71

Established Member
These pics show the type of superficial scratches.
DSC02641.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02646.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
Just an obsrevation, it looks like the main studs are too far into the block. The nuts are supposed to have full contact with the threads of the studs, some of them only look like that have about 1/2 the threads of the studs to the nuts.

AaronsP71

Established Member
Just an obsrevation, it looks like the main studs are too far into the block. The nuts are supposed to have full contact with the threads of the studs, some of them only look like that have about 1/2 the threads of the studs to the nuts.

Thanks for the input. It looks like someone is buying the main bolts so that's all coming apart.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Flat Top as in no dish? You could see 10:1 with a single digit cc..That would be a Nice block for about $400, were torque plates used? align honed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread