made a small error on my brake order

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
My rear brakes are cross drilled and the new front 15" rotors are OEM from Ford and wont be

I will try to send them back but that may not fly and if I am stuck with them are there any companies that will cross drill a customers own rotor?

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Well, if you're using on it on the track and from your other thread it seemed to me you are. Then drilling the rotors is not the best option as it reduces the rotor life and the holes will eventually develop cracks. Slotted rotors are a better option and blanks is the way to go.
Check out track mustang online forums, there is a ton of threads on this.

If we're talking street use then ignore this comment :p

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Well, if you're using on it on the track and from your other thread it seemed to me you are. Then drilling the rotors is not the best option as it reduces the rotor life and the holes will eventually develop cracks. Slotted rotors are a better option and blanks is the way to go.
Check out track mustang online forums, there is a ton of threads on this.

If we're talking street use then ignore this comment :p

No I don’t plan to track the car and I don’t drag race. The car is a street queen and my claim to fame are rolling start and then jump on it with the clutch fully engaged

and I would never ignore someone taking time posting their thoughts on my thread

I use to race a lot but no more on And you’re right about the rotors that are cross drilled they will eventually crack and create a danger with the rotor breaking. What I think is a better usage for track purpose or street use are the slots helps dissipate the gas it’s created when the pad hits the rotor

I will probably order a new set of 14 inch rear rotors and just go no slots no cross drilled holes all the way around

Users who are viewing this thread