Made my car more livable this week

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Since I have a week off between ending my old job and starting my new one, I decided to take care of somethings with my car that had been bugging me for a while.

Tuesday, I went to a muffler place and had them put cats into my H pipe. I was starting to get sick from all the fumes from my car in stop and go traffic. Plus the cats made the car a little quieter. :thumbsup: Guess I am getting old. I also had the muffler place straighten out my cat-back so that it wouldn't bang against the bottom of the car anymore. There was only so much I could adjust it on my garage floor.
[Today my Tokico HP shocks came via UPS. My car had been riding like shit for a long time. Four years ago when I was in college I lowered it with some springs but didn't have the money for shocks as well. It was to the point that a pebble in the street would make my teeth rattle. The new shocks are awesome. My car feels like its brand new and the handling is much better now. I am a happy camper. :D

Last edited:

m8trix00

Established Member
That is one clean LX , nice ride.... :thumbsup:

I hear you on the loud exhaust....

but I think in the end, you will miss it..

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
awww man.. the loudness is one thing that counts ;( thats like cutting off you know what and taking a guys man-hood

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
lightninmike said:
cats look a little low dont they?
but that does look like a very clean LX man, try and keep it that way

Yes they are low. But so is the car. They are actually tucked up as close to the floor boards as possible. The guy doing the install had to actually move one of them because they were touching the floor.
They don't hang down very much at all though. Looking at the pics I took, I think its more the angle than anything.

And of course I will keep my car clean. It wasn't always that way. You should have seen some of the stupid stuff the guy had on the car when I first bought it.

bad96stang

Established Member
nice man......My dad feels the need to silence his exhaust too (1965 GTO, rear end, blue printed, and straight thru exhaust). I personally love that grumble. Keep it loud!

Users who are viewing this thread