Made some baseline passes in my 2019 RS5...

gofast15

Established Member
Thanks! Yeah, it should go low 1.5x with tune not sure how well these tires will do with the limited side walls but we'll find out soon... lol

V10 or V10+? How you like it?
It will be hard to go low 1.5s on stock tires . The best I was able to do is 1.58 on Michelins but the 60' improved when I switched to R888R tires .
It's a 2017 V10 plus , love the car . I drive it more then my F150 . F150 gets driven like 1 or twice a week to work . R8 is my daily LOL

20191012_142355.jpg
20191012_154524.jpg

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Thinking of getting a rs7 but need 3 seats in the back :(

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
@primetime
Here is a quick question for you. What did you do with your car between runs? I’m from the old school of opening the hood and cooling everything down as much as possible. However while at the track several Audi guys as well as other German performance car owners were leaving their cars running between runs. They told me in their opinion by shutting it down I was heat soaking it. That I’m better off letting everything circulate. I was told that’s why my trap speed was a bit low (113-114)Also I do track days in my C5 Z06 and the Porsche guys all seem to leave their car idle the whole time between sessions. Just wanted to get your take as well as anyone else’s that may have experience.

primetime

Established Member
@primetime
Here is a quick question for you. What did you do with your car between runs? I’m from the old school of opening the hood and cooling everything down as much as possible. However while at the track several Audi guys as well as other German performance car owners were leaving their cars running between runs. They told me in their opinion by shutting it down I was heat soaking it. That I’m better off letting everything circulate. I was told that’s why my trap speed was a bit low (113-114)Also I do track days in my C5 Z06 and the Porsche guys all seem to leave their car idle the whole time between sessions. Just wanted to get your take as well as anyone else’s that may have experience.

I shut the car off and open the hood... I do this most times unless hot lapping which usually only happens in Nov. when there aren't a lot of folks there. This time of the year the track is very crowded so it's usually 45-60 minutes between runs and that's plenty of time to cool down a decent amount... I didn't log because my vag cable isn't up to date for the new model cars(upgrading and will be here next week) so I can't comment on IAT's and such, all I can comment on is the temp which went from 210 - 160 between the runs... I didn't ask APR but I'm guessing they've made changes to the pump duty cycles on the tune so that may impact things going forward. I know on my S4 the pump/fan will run several times with the car off to keep the coolant moving and being cooled. Hoping they've done similar on the RS5. Also, I know they're working on a full cooling solution so I'm sure that will provide some additional benefits regardless, especially if they separate the coolant loops like they did on the S4, but it's a couple months out... I should have a intake from them in the next month... Was hoping to hit the track today with the tune on but it rained all night so doubt they'll be open and I won't go anyway as it will be a mess... Wed. has chance for rain so we'll see, but next Sat. is supposed to be clear but that's still a ways out...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I daily my rs3 and love it. Non-power seats are slightly annoying but oh well. The inline five screams like no other. Wish they would have factory 18” wheels as the 19”s will knock your fillings out with any pothole. After rocking 4400-4600lb cars, this car is a breath of fresh air.

primetime

Established Member
Made some passes with just APR 100 tune on Gt260 pump gas, full weight and 2,100ish DA... Car is a little tricky to launch now with the LC and boost off the line, so still figuring it out. Did some launches on the street but still spun 2 of 3 passes and the one pass I hooked I had to let off at the 330 since there was a little oil on the track and car got squirely... With full boost it seems to spin so launching with about 1/2 boost seems to be the sweet spot need to play more... lol Car has another tenth or so in it as it sits and there's probably another tenth or so with DA so it may scrape into the 10's with killer run and DA. I may try with 104 tune and fuel. Adding intake soon and will post some times with that...

Made 3 passes, 11.23 @ 120.87 with 1.600 60ft, 11.27 @ 120.87(same exact mph. lol) with 1.597 60ft and 11.56 @ 119.29 with a 1.575 60ft, this is the run I let off for a split second at the 330 mark.

Site says pic of slip is too big so here is a breakdown...

1.6000 60ft
4.6406 330ft
7.1860 1/8 mile
95.82 1/8 mph
9.3731 1000 foot et
11.2395 1/4 time
120.87 mph

Gopro...

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
So about 4 tenths and 4 mph from the tune, on street tires? Super impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread