Made the switch to E85

tt_dohc302

Established Member
HPP just finished up my car today and as usual, Manny and his guys worked their magic. Previously, the car made 540 rwhp and 498 rwtq.

Only change was a return style fuel system, 80# injectors, and switched to E85

The car is a ported eaton with a 2.76 upper and stock lower pulley, longtubes, jlt cold air, accufab plenum and tb, and stock long block.

New results are 556/494 on 93 pump gas and 598/542 on E85.

I'll post the dyno graph as soon as they get a chance to email it to me. It was a busy afternoon.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxCMLUT5QE"]03 Ported Eaton Cobra E85 - YouTube[/nomedia]

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'm not buyin practically 600rwhp with a upper only? Numbers can't be SAE either... I'm pretty sure that would be the highest dyno numbers from any Eaton car ever regardless of port or boost numbers.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
I would have to agree, 600rwhp upper only ported Eaton on a stock long block? Pump gas numbers are high for an upper only also. Time to hit the track and see if they are legit or just another happy dyno.

tt_dohc302

Established Member
Its crazy I know. We didnt expect it either. The numbers were "actual horsepower". SAE was showing 98% which was 587/532 I believe. But actual power was 598/542 and Manny backed it up 2 times. The previous numbers of 540/498 are SAE. But it is a Steg stage 3 port with a 2.76 upper and stock lower. I just wish I would have thrown my street tires on for the tune. The slicks hurt the number also, but oh well. I am happy with the results.

Last edited:

tt_dohc302

Established Member
I would have to agree, 600rwhp upper only ported Eaton on a stock long block? Pump gas numbers are high for an upper only also. Time to hit the track and see if they are legit or just another happy dyno.

It ran 10.80-90's consistently when it was making 540/498. I hope to see a good bit of pick up with the new numbers. I am hoping to get out to the track saturday. Should be nice weather for some good numbers.

mustang john

Established Member
I look foward to seeing some numbers, good luck at the track. If your e85 tune is really about 50rwhp more than your previous tune then you should see a 3-4 mph increase, still sounds high to me though since that would put you in the 132-133 range which is unheard of in Eaton world unless you are BADASS or iBite and running fully setup race cars.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Need to know what it traps after the new tune to back up the #'s. Also include race weight, track elevation and DA.

tt_dohc302

Established Member
For sure. Hopefully we make it out to the track Saturday. Itll be amazing weather for it. I know no one on here believes the numbers and that's cool. No big deal to me. I was sharing my info. Trust me though, I am blown away by it too. But I will post my track numbers as soon as I can. Race weight last time I weighed it was 3660 with half a tank and full interior. I do drive this car on the street, so it's no stripped down race only car.

Users who are viewing this thread