MAF.ia Question?

Forged2000L

Established Member
Well, I live out in Mass and today was around -15 with the wind and when I got under boost the truck would break up so I immediately started driving very cautious. I think Im pegging the MAF, I have a 90mm MAF but I have an 8lb lower pulley. My question is can I just get the MAF.ia for now and throw it on the truck and have it run ok without pegging or does it need to be retuned? Ive done a few searches but it seems I get two different answers each time.

P.S. If it matters, other mods are in my sig and the truck is running off a burnt chip right now.

Thanks for the help, Brian

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
You could only richen the fuel mixture by 5% over what it is now(which probably wouldn't do you much good), otherwise you need a tune.
-Joshua

Forged2000L

Established Member
When driving and hitting boost it started making a popping noise, you could feel it in the pedal. Im assuming it was a pegged MAF, looks like its time to upgrade.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
An 8# lower?!? You're lucky it hasn't blown up already. Take that sumbitch off until you get a tune and put a 4# MAX in it's place. Read the FAQ page if you haven't already aslo please.

*EDIT* I just noticed you're built also, it pretty safe to say that you won't vent the block but you're definately pegging the maf.

Last edited:

Forged2000L

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
An 8# lower?!? You're lucky it hasn't blown up already. Take that sumbitch off until you get a tune and put a 4# MAX in it's place. Read the FAQ page if you haven't already aslo please.

Well, either way I will need a retune correct? So I was planning to drive the truck like a baby untill my custom tune and Maf.ia or SCT Maf come in the mail. Think that will work out?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Yes you'll need a retune, I'd just get a Mafia-what I use-they should be able to change the tune easily. If you can install the stock or some smaller lower pulley in the mean time I'd do so but that's just me. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread