MAF question??

J's98Snake

Established Member
So my cars been down for a while and right before my motor went south I swapped injectors and the MAF.

I was running a Pro-m 80 (#42) and loved it, car always ran strong. I switched to an SCT 2600 (#60) and never really had a chance to see it perform.

What is the opinion, which is a better MAF? Pro-m 80 or the SCT 2600? I can get the Pro-m re-cal'd for $100 by Pro-m.

Thanks Jake

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Apart from being bigger dimensionally, I believe the 2600 has more capacity.

I don't even think they make the ProM 80mm anymore, do they?

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Pro-M did go out of business then came back with different folks as PMAS. The Pro-m 80mm is a good MAF with excellent electronics. I ran a Pro-m 77mm for years and up to 530 rwhp. Unlike some things :), bigger isn't necessarily better for a MAF. It depends on power level more than anything. I have tuned many cars with different MAFs and as long as the transfer function is built well, most will work just fine. Just make sure you aren't pegging it.

So SCT isn't necessarily better. It comes down to your needs and long term requirements.

THAITED

Established Member
I have used both Pro-M and SCT see nothing much different in power but my tuner prefer SCT over Pro-M.

Users who are viewing this thread