Magaflow 16523 catback installed.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
After being sick of the quietness of the stock exhaust, I decided to go shopping for a catback system for the Raptor. There are no specific PNs for the 5.4 Raptor. I looked into the Borla cb, but it was super expensive, and overpriced exhaust blows. I wound up getting the Magnaflow system for 500 beans, so it was worth it.

For any Raptor owners out there looking at getting this system, a couple of cautions on the way.

1. Drop the spare tire, and go buy some header wrap. The tail pipe section sits much closer to the spare tire than the stock system. I may windup bending the rear hanger some more to get some more clearance..

2. You have to move your front hanger isolator to the further back position in the frame rail.

3. You will cut your stock exhaust off in order to remove it.

4. Be prepared to curse at Magnaflow because they screwed up which hanger get's the "nub" welded onto it to go through the isolator. They put the nub on the rear hanger, which is near f00king IMPOSSIBLE to get through the isolator. The stock system has the nub on the front most hanger, and the rest are just straight rods..

5. Truck sounds MUCH better than stock.. Not too droney, and lots more rumble.

The system should be easier to install than it was.. I installed a magnaflow CB on the Jeep, and it went pretty smoothly. This fought me the whole way, some of the pipes weren't quite round making slip fitting a chore. All in all, I think I got the last system produced on a Friday afternoon.. The sound was worth the trouble though. :rockon:

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
The guys at ARH going to be doing some LT for the Raptor soon so I'm waiting that before I start my exhaust mods.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
The guys at ARH going to be doing some LT for the Raptor soon so I'm waiting that before I start my exhaust mods.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing the whole exhaust at some point, but I think the CB should be alright with LTs.. The stock system is too quiet, and my dog couldn't hear me coming home in the truck. :)

steeltoe

Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking of doing the whole exhaust at some point, but I think the CB should be alright with LTs.. The stock system is too quiet, and my dog couldn't hear me coming home in the truck. :)

I'm going to have my exhaust set up like the Lightning so I have to wait for the L/T to see how I'm going to modify the mid-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread