Magazine Subscription Library

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I have moved a couple times and have boxed up several of my Magazines. I'm organizing before winter and came across the magazines....

I have like 3-4 boxes filled with Magazines...Most of them are MM&FF, 5.0, and Modified Mustangs....

I was wondering what type of collection of magazines do people have on here and also what they do to get rid of them as they have my name and address on all of them....

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I have MM&FF, some 5.0, and a few Modified Mustangs. I also have many photography and outdoor magazines too. I havent found a way to get rid of them yet. I use many for reference on various topics. I do plan to scan them to a digital image so that I can put an entire year or something on a CD. Then I will throw them away. idk though....may be a ways off.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
I have the same problem. I sometimes use mine for refrence (especially HotRod) when I'm doing certain things to cars.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Yea I don't really wanna throw them away since I will have a Mustang again someday. But man, are they taking up tons of space

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I store mine in one of the spare rooms at my moms house. She lives by herself and has a few extra rooms so I just keep them there. She is a pack rat anyone and keeps tons of useless junk. I have tons of old Maxim, Stuff, 5.0, MMFF, Field & Stream, Boys Life, etc, etc.

Red94SVT

Established Member
i have 2 pretty good sized boxes of them as well, i have always wanted to send them to troops overseas i know there is a organization that does it but i cant remember which one...

on another note i also have over 1000 National Geographic magazines dating all the way back to 1906 and some older than that, that i need to do something with...

canibus

Established Member
I usually take them to my barber and leave them there. Every time I go someone is usually reading one of the mags I left. It's a good feeling to see them being used.

Orange Peel

Established Member
I usually take them to my barber and leave them there. Every time I go someone is usually reading one of the mags I left. It's a good feeling to see them being used.

Excellent idea recycle them in places like barbers, hair cut shops, doctors offices,I take new ones with me when I go shopping with my wife while she's browsing and trying clothes on, great way to pass the time. Another Idea would be to see about donating them to some place that does care packages for the military, especially like VA hospitals where our men and women are cooped up in a bed and can't get around, all information in car mags whether old ones or new are informative. I have many brands , muscle cars, hot rod, car craft, gm high performance, mm&ff, super chevy, motortrend,car and driver. I also have all versions of Playboy (we print it) magazines. I have a crating system and catalog them by articles and makes featured. If your worried about the inkjetted labels with your name and adress , just tear that part of mag off ( inkjet window) if you get rid of them or if its a stick on label steam will remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread