Magic eraser is amazing !

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
I just hit my entire car with a manic eraser today after I washed it as normal. then I washed it again, then waxed I don't think it has looked this good since it came off the show room floor. The magic eraser completely got rid of bug guts, road grime, break dust, rubber from the track, hard water stains and all with little effort I would have to say its the best 4 dollars I have ever spent.

Anyone else use these on their car ?

Last edited:

bullitt1672

Established Member
Now go look at your car with a halogen light, you may change your mind about using a magic eraser on your paint.

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
Whatever looks better than it did its not like a magic eraser is going to eat the clear off of it !

Last edited:

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
I did clay bar the car and worked well but did not get out all the hard water stains and this did I tried a test patch first to see what happens and it turned out great

black 10th vert

Established Member
Interesting find. Even if it does have mild abrasive action (which it does), it is super fine, like 3000 grit so in the wort case you may need to use a buffer with a foam pad and some finer polish to get rid of any hazing. It is the equivalent of using a fine rubbing compound, so it shouldn't hurt the paint at all.

NewDuuude

Established Member
Only thing I'd worry about is residue or clear coat. Those of us with black have to use something that leaves zero residue

Magic erasers are the shizz don't get me wrong. Use these for apartment cleaning and they work wonders.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
To avoid confusion, I believe there are two types of magic eraser. One for household cleaning, which is abrasive. And an automotive version for wheels ect.

Users who are viewing this thread