MagnaFlow 4" rolled tips fit fine!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
There was thread going a week ago about MagnaFlow 4" rolled tips. There was a discussion going about MagnaFlow part #35117(?) 18" long 4" diameter rolled tip. A few people said the 18" tip was too long and would stick out too far past the rear bumper and look bad. Unfortunately it rained today, my car got dirty, and I didn't take any pics yet........but I got the tips put on and they fit just as good as the regular Magnaflow tip that comes w/ the cat-back. You can have them sit out as short as the stocks tips do if you want. I love them. They don't look as big as I was afraid they would. I can post pics tomorrow evening if you want. I'm sure someone else has pics though. Just wanted to clear the air and let anyone interested or considering in these know that the 18" long tips WILL fit fine. I actually have 1/2" of pipe left that I could've used to make them sit even shorter. Sounds just a little deeper too!

lifter213

Established Member
How'd you put them on? Did you weld the little hanger loop on the tips like the regular magnaflow tips have? I have mine sitting here still in the box but i'm not sure how i'm going to put them on yet. Any specifics would help me out alot. Thanks!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
The metal bar that goes through the loop on the top of the standard Magnaflow tip that is held in place w/ the allen bolt.........I pulled it out and had it welded on top of the new tip. Works the same, just not quite as adjustable. I had it all lined up, but then decided to spend 30 minutes and a couple $$ getting it all welded in at the local muffler shop. Played a round of darts w/ the owner out in the garage while it was being welded! I liked it enough, they'll never be coming off. Welding is the way to go w/ those tips.

akaeric

Established Member
I have got rolled magnas go to a muffler shop and get it wielded on.

mosconiac

Established Member
Great news! I began to regret buying the 35117 tips (which I got for $60 shipped from John @ CompleteExhaust.com), but now my spirits are back up. Please post the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread