Magnaflow Cat Back Install Question

Wightmn

Established Member
Anybody know whats a reasonable amount for installation of a magnaflow cat back at a muffler shop?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I got mine put on this morning for $20:rockon: I love it.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
A set of Rhino ramps ($30) and a hour of your time or about 1hr of labor at some place like Midas.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by T's Blk03
A set of Rhino ramps ($30) and a hour of your time or about 1hr of labor at some place like Midas.

yup, it's a real easy install. After watching a catback installed on my '01 I saw how easy it really is.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
yup, it's a real easy install. After watching a catback installed on my '01 I saw how easy it really is.
Especially with the irs where fiddling pieces over the axle isn't an issue... it's real easy to do yourself... odds are, unless they are REALLY meticulous which I doubt they will be, they won't line up the pieces totally perfect and you'll end up crawling under there anyways to get things perfectly aligned. The maggies come in quite a few pieces so you have to fiddle a little to get things TOTALLY perfect. Just my .02.

davidwhitt

Established Member
I just paid $140 yesterday to have the Magnaflow catback and Magnaflow high flow cats with X-pipe installed - could not be happier with the sound

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Unless you just enjoy contributing to the economy by providing work for someone to do, I would say bust out the jackstands and your wrenches. It is so simple that you shouldn't pay to have someone else do it unless your own time is that valuable to you........don't take that the wrong way. For some people, their time is worth a lot; mine isn't worth so much plus I enjoy working on my cars.
I am getting ready to swap the o/r magnaflow x from my GT to my new cobra and install a new magnaflow catback. I have to do it soon because I can't stand the quiet exhaust after having my GT so nice and noisy.

Wightmn

Established Member
TrueBlueGT,
Thanks for the good advice. I would have regretted having someone else install something that simple. Took a little over an hour and a half. Only time consuming part was getting everything to line up just right. The bend by the gas tank shroud has a gap of just over ½”. Anyone have issues with the plastic melting?

Overall, the sound is exactly what I wanted in a catback. It is a little louder than stock but easy on passengers on the highway. Also has a nice growl on startup with a little burble. I would highly recommend the Magnaflow.

Got mine from Complete exhaust for $329. Great folks to deal and quick shipment as promised.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
I installed mine at 2am on some jackstands. The only tough part is wrestling the exhaust hangers. Some white lithium grease and a pry bar works wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread