Magnaflow Cat-Back & XM Radio Installed !!

CaptNemo

Evil Genius
Established Member
Yesterday was a workday on the Cobra. I installed an XM Commander Satelite Radio unit on it ( Got to love XM ). Everything went smooth, the worst part was having to pull the passenger side front wheel well liner to get to the grommet that the antenna wire runs thru. Intergrated with the CD - 6 unit flawlessly and works great. Well worth the $ 169.00 + tax for it.

After I finished the XM, I tackled the Magnaflow install.
The worst part of the install was lifting the car and putting it on stands. This really sucks on these cars !!! There has to be a better way to do this ??!! :nonono:

Removing the stock exhaust was super easy. Remove the 4 14mm hex nuts on the flanges and pry bar the rubber isolators off of the mount studs and it's laying on the deck. Drag the stock stuff out of the way and it's time to put the nice tubes & mufflers in. Intall was pretty straight forward, working from front to back. When I got everything aligned and looking correct, all the nuts & clamps were tightened. I started the engine to check for leaks. Letting it warm up, I checked all of the connections and they were gas tight.
Sound is a little more than stock, but no droning at any of the cruise speeds and RPMs that I've used. Get into the throttle hard and it sounds "Just Right". All told, about 1 1/2 Hours start to finish

I picked up the Magnaflow system from James @ Clicky here for RWTD

CaptNemo

Evil Genius
Established Member
No, unfortunately I was moving too fast to take photos during the install. We're supposed to get some bad weather moving through tomorrow, but I'll se if I can get a couple of shots.

A couple of things, the tips don't have a rolled edge, and the interior is raw 304 stainless, so a quick shot of black paint will make them look a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread