Magnaflow Catback owners I need help.

DCTHOM3

Established Member
So I'm trying to get the catback on and can't figure out how the tips work. Do i have to modify the rods they supplied? The bar has a bend with one end longer than the other. When i attach the long end to the tip there is not enough clearence to go into the hanger without the tip hitting. So what do I need to do?

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
So I'm trying to get the catback on and can't figure out how the tips work. Do i have to modify the rods they supplied? The bar has a bend with one end longer than the other. When i attach the long end to the tip there is not enough clearence to go into the hanger without the tip hitting. So what do I need to do?

The rod is adjustable, loosen the allen screw on the side of where the bar goes in.

TORQJNKY

The shorter end of the tip hanger goes through the rubber tip hanger. It is a tight fit but once you get the adjustable pipe hanger through the rubber, slide it through as far as it will go before it hits the rear bumper cover. They are tight so it tucks the tip up into the arched opening on the bumper cover.
Make sure you put a piece of tape on top of the tip so you don't scratch it when you are installing it.

The pipes from the muffler back have to come off the car to get the tips on. You have to put the tips on the pipe first. Then start by sliding the tip hanger into the holder, then slide the pipe onto the muffler then insert the pipe hangers into the two rubber hangers. It is nearly impossible if not impossible to install/remove the tips without the pipes disconnected from the mufflers even with the tip hangers adjusted all the way out.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread