Magnaflow Catback!

IllestSVT

Established Member
Just got done installing my Magnaflow cat-back system for my L and im impressed. Sounds way better then stock, looks better and its not annoying in the cab. Plus it didn't break my pocketbook:)

Overall, if anyone is looking for a nice exhaust system and doesn't or can't afford the Bassani, I think the Magnaflow is a great choice. And with the money I saved I can get my 4# pulley and predator or chip sooner.:D

IllestSVT

Established Member
I got them from a NLOC vendor, his name is Larry under the screen name of Mofo. He may still have some left. Give him a call at 949-760-5070. It came to $341.55 shipped for me.

lightningfast03

Established Member
Did any of you guys have difficulty installing the catback. I ordered mine from RPM outlet for my o3. I started trying to install it myself, but to my surprise it didnt fit. The pipes from the cat back didnt line up with the ones from the cats. So, I had to take it to a muffler shop. They cut one of the pipes from my cats and recurved a new one to line up. $60 later I can say I actually enjoy it. It's not too loud and not too quiet just right.:rockon:

Last edited:

IllestSVT

Established Member
Yeah, my friend and I had a little trouble lining it up but it wasn't too bad.

I might have a small exhaust leak though up by the midpipes or headers though:(

I agree, the sound is not too loud, and not too quiet:rockon:

ShaneN.

Established Member
my tips don't stick out. infact they are slightly farther back then the stock ones.. slightly. it's pretty close the flush with the truck but i would have liked them to stock out more because on a cold day it fogs up the side of my truck.

Swin74

Established Member
I had trouble lining mine up to, I just heated up one of the Cat pipes and bent it down about a half inch and it fit. My tips dont stick out as far as I wanted them to either. I can live with that though it sounds sick. Now I need the High flow cats.

IllestSVT

Established Member
I wan't to get the midpipes w/ the high flow cats also.

We undid one of the hangers on the driver side midpipe so that we would have more movement to line it up.

My tips sit flush with the truck and I like the look.

CWCobra

Established Member
You guys whose pipes didn't line up: did you read the instructions?

Mine didn't line up either, then my wife (who always reads the directions) pointed out that they DON"T line up unless you disconnect and remove a little bracket deal installed on the pipes from the factory. So, I did as instructed, and then the pipes lined up fine. I also had enough slack to adjust the degree of "stick out" to fit my taste. It's all there in the instructions.

Later,
CW

lightningfast03

Established Member
cwCobra.....darn I wish I would have known that. I ordered mine from Rpm outlet so like always somethin is ****ed up. It didnt have any instructions. So i figured there were none. :shrug:

IllestSVT

Established Member
That sucks. Yeah, once you undo the bracket that CWCobra talked about, it should all line up just fine:)

Bad thing is, I think I have an exhaust leak:( Think its coming from the midpipes or headers though.

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by lightningfast03
cwCobra.....darn I wish I would have known that. I ordered mine from Rpm outlet so like always somethin is ****ed up. It didnt have any instructions. So i figured there were none. :shrug:

If you did not receive install instructions go to Magnaflow site, look up your exhaust part #, click on it, and the instructions can be printed out from their site. I printed mine out before I even received the system.;-)

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I've heard nothing but praise for the magnaflows. In my opinion, they're the best bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread