magnaflow catted X-pipe much louder than stock H pipe?

rsilver

Established Member
Hi, I searched but couldn't really find how loud this is. I have a FR500 cat back and really like it, but I could live with a louder exhaust. Its more of an issue in a vert cause you hear a lot more than in a coupe. So, If I add the magnaflow catted hi flow X pipe in place of the stock H pipe does anyone know if its a lot louder? I like the weight saving and wouldn't mind a little extra HP. All thoughts are appreciated.......thanks...........bob

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yes, it will be a whole notch louder and completely different tone than the stock H.

You're swapping from stock, to high-flow cats and going up 1/4" in diameter on the tubing.

It will have a nice, smooth note and won't be considerably louder at cruise; but part throttle up it will really open up and wail.

Hp gains will be in the low teens, you'll lose just a touch of off-boost torque down low and 2750+ part throttle and in-boost will feel better.

astippich

Established Member
I went from stock to mrt catted h+ stingers all at once. Way louder than stock. Put a magnaflow catted x on and it is quite a bit quieter than the mrt catted. I think the maggie x will be just a bit louder than the stock mid , not way louder. The maggie plus fr500 should still be a pretty tame setup.

Last edited:

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I have a mag hi flow catted x and mag hi flow exhaust it will be louder not to the point that it is annoying. I agree with mblgjr you will notice it mainly on take off and wot just cruising/idle it is a little louder.

moonltgold

Yes, it will be a whole notch louder and completely different tone than the stock H.

You're swapping from stock, to high-flow cats and going up 1/4" in diameter on the tubing.

It will have a nice, smooth note and won't be considerably louder at cruise; but part throttle up it will really open up and wail.

Hp gains will be in the low teens, you'll lose just a touch of off-boost torque down low and 2750+ part throttle and in-boost will feel better.

Yes, louder, but more noticeable is the higher pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread