Magnaflow Exhuast

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
What does everyone think of 03 MagnaFlow Exhaust? I was thinking about putting the MagnaFlow exhaust on my 2003 Cobra. Any comments?

Chelsea

Cobra'03

Established Member
Is this the Chelsea from Stangnet that everybody was rippin because you were 15 and had a Cobra? Welcome if you are, welcome if you are not. This group is much more mature and polite, for the most part.

U might want to search on the topic, but a number of us have the Cat-back, including me, and love it. Very high quality and nice fit, great sound, not too loud with the stock h-pipe. I am considering the catted X but want to hear one first.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Refure to identify yourself, eh?

I read your question 3 times and cannot make sense of it. I have the Magnaflow 15644 system behind my stock h-pipe.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
I like the Magnaflow mufflers as far as warranty and quality, but I am still unsure how long the filler will last. I may go with Flowmaster because they do not have that filler stuff in them.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I've been scratching my head trying to decide on an exhaust and was leaning towards Magnaflow, (lately, anyways.) Stainless steel, good performance improvement and reasonable cost. I thought they were kind of on the quiet side, but am hoping they're at least an improvement on the stock exhaust. But what is this "filler stuff" you mention Black Sunshine? Is this some packing in the mufflers? (Like the old glass packs?)

GOGO-03

Established Member
I have had the magnaflow exhaust system on both of my mustangs. Durabilty and quality are excellent. The sound is moderate and robust IMO. Question, does Magnaflow have the 2003 system out yet??

Cat Breath

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2001Cobra
I thought they were kind of on the quiet side,

If you are keeping the stock headers and H pipe and a cat-back is your only mod then maybe. But if you are putting on longtubes or an O/R Hpipe with stock headers, they won't be quiet. I have the JDM longtubes, high flow cats, & magna flow cat back and it is a little too loud for me (got to used to the car being quiet maybe). Everyone who has listened to it outside the car says that it is perfect. The magnaflows come with polished mufflers and tail pipe covers that look great. There is no magnaflow cat-back specific to the 03, it is the same for all 99+ Cobras. It is a put together yourself deal, not all welded up, so you can make it fit as perfectly as you wish.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Cat breath and GOGO03 - I was also going to go with a catted x-pipe, eventually. Probably Magnaflow. I'll probably stick w/ the stock manifolds, however. I don't think long tubes are even close to legal here in NY. Any ideas how the Magnaflow x-pipe (w/ cats) and cat back might sound? Is it a deep throaty sound? (That's what I'm looking for in the sound dept.) Thanks guys!

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I meant did you put any other things on the the exhaust. Like I heard of BBK long tubes w/o cats and a magnaflow something. I am not sure what magnaflow part (if it was someone, please tell me what it was). I was told that it was a very loud sound, and i want a growl. Can magnaflow provide that for me?

Thanks
Chelsea

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Cat Breath

If you are keeping the stock headers and H pipe and a cat-back is your only mod then maybe. But if you are putting on longtubes or an O/R Hpipe with stock headers, they won't be quiet. I have the JDM longtubes, high flow cats, & magna flow cat back and it is a little too loud for me (got to used to the car being quiet maybe). Everyone who has listened to it outside the car says that it is perfect. The magnaflows come with polished mufflers and tail pipe covers that look great. There is no magnaflow cat-back specific to the 03, it is the same for all 99+ Cobras. It is a put together yourself deal, not all welded up, so you can make it fit as perfectly as you wish.

All: I was told by a retailer that MagnaFlow is quoting the 2003 specific parts, but they have the same part no's as the 99-01 stuff. MagnaFlow says they have slightly different bends, but I am skeptical. Whatever the truth is, I got my tips perfectly centered, but the little "drip" holes were angled in a tiny bit - if that is the only thing the more expensive '03 spec parts correct, I will happily live with the current setup.

Good point about the six pieces allowing maximum mounting flexibility. After I got everything buttoned up, and drove the car so everything set and checked again, I had all the connects tack welded to ensure a solid long lasting fitment.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
Black2001Cobra - If you check Magnaflow's website the have a cutaway of their Muffler. Yes, it has a filler like the old Glasspack. It is probably a new, synthetic stuff that lasts longer (maybe forever) but I do not know. Maybe someone who has had these a few years can give us some info on how they hold up.

Users who are viewing this thread