MagnaFlow o/r X pipe

sfish

Looking for a magnaflow O/R x for my 98 Cobra. The only ones I am finding are catted that are listed for 96-98 4V . I have seen PN 15444 (o/r x) but it is listed as a 96-98 GT . Does anyone have a o/r magnaflow x on a 96-98 cobra? If so, can you give me a part number, or let me know if the 15444 listed for the GT will fit or not? I have contacted magnaflow but have not gotten a response yet. Any help would be appreciated.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking for a magnaflow O/R x for my 98 Cobra. The only ones I am finding are catted that are listed for 96-98 4V . I have seen PN 15444 (o/r x) but it is listed as a 96-98 GT . Does anyone have a o/r magnaflow x on a 96-98 cobra? If so, can you give me a part number, or let me know if the 15444 listed for the GT will fit or not? I have contacted magnaflow but have not gotten a response yet. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't answer most of that, but I do know that the 96-98 GT and Cobra midpipe have a different fit on the manifold side (passengers sides if i remember right)

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Why Magnaflow specifically? You can get a VRS/UPR aluminized or stainless X for a great price and they fit perfect.

01yellercobra

Established Member
96-04 V8 mid pipes can be run on either 2v or 4V. The placement of the front O2 sensors might vary a little, but nothing that'll make things too difficult.

My current X pipe has been on a 98 GT, 01 Cobra, and currently my 04 Cobra.

sfish

Doesn’t “have” to be a magnaflow, but I’ve had good luck in the past on their catbacks and have heard good things about fitment and quality of the mid pipes from others, as well as the true x design is nice as well. I was looking at the UPR too as mentioned above.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
VRS makes the UPR. Shop in Florida. If you don't want to buy from UPR or you don't see stainless you can call or email VRS direct. Just google them. They'll make a stainless pipe if you want, it never gets below high 40sF where I live so no snow or road salt so I got the aluminized and it still looks new 3 years later. Fitment is perfect and ground clearance is as good as you are going to get.

Users who are viewing this thread