magnaflow or flowmaster

jays03gt

Established Member
im in a decision for a new catback, its for a 03 GT 5-spd, i have bbk longtubes and a offroad h-pipe, iv been to mustang exhaust and read all about the flowmaster guys slammin the magnaflow guys and vice versa. im looking at both kinds and now i need some opinions, im lookin at the flowmaster delta flow 40 series or the magnaflow catback, im lookin for a nice deep sound and i know thats what the flows got but what about the magnaflows, do they have a deep tone to them also. all information will be helpful. thanks

StangD281

Established Member
Heard them both....Flowmaster is deeper & louder. Magnaflow is stainless steel, little quiet, flow-thru mufflers.

Even though I own Magnas, I think Flowmasters sound AWESOME with LT's & an offroad pipe.

a 92 lx

Established Member
I think flow's on a 4.6 ( GT or Cobra) sound dope, even with just an offroad H. The Long Tubes will make em sound killer!

a 92 lx

Established Member
FWIW, my buddy has a '98 Cobra with a Mac O/R H-Pipe and 2 chamber Flows welded in. The car is loud, it's obnoxious and it get's comments all the time. :D

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
the magna pak has a nice sound from like idle to 2 or 3,000 rpms,
:kaboom:
after that it just sounds like the car's trying to cough out a hairball and breather.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
another long time flowmaster user here, and recently switched to magnapacks, they are a whole lot louder than the flows were, sounds awesome, I love the sound my car made with flows but it is so much better with the magnapacks, plus better performance than flowmaster having striaght through design, I still have flowmasters on by big block 69, and my 92 lx, cause I love they way they sound but it cant compare to my cobra with the magnapacks

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Grim's Reaper
Go with the flows,....can't beat the droan at 2000 rpm.:burnout:
gotta love the sound thru the x-pipe:beer: :beer: :beer:

Almo

Established Member
Had both on my car. The Flows 40's (2 chambers) are higher pitch more racier to me, the Magnapacks I have on now are deeper sound, just as loud. I now am leaning towards liking the Magnapacks more than I did the Flows. Just me though. Try them both like I did. I still have my 40's (less than a year old) I will be selling them soon if you might be interested? PM me if you are.

Cheers.

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by svtang03
the magna pak has a nice sound from like idle to 2 or 3,000 rpms,
:kaboom:
after that it just sounds like the car's trying to cough out a hairball and breather.

Originally posted by svtang03
and can't breath

Humm, mine sound nothing like you stated. Breathing problem you say? How can they have a breathing problem when they run straight through? Not starting a debating argument, but I have had them both and although the Flows are chambered, they don't give off what the Magnapacks do, at least with a Bassani X.

I get :uh oh: and :eek: and even :dw: all the time with my set up.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread