magnaflow single muffler

steve goddard

Established Member
Just replaced my stock muffler with a single dual inlet/outlet magnaflow muffler. Also added a 2 1/2 " crossover pipe just ahead of the muffler and just behind the o2 sensor. I expected it to increase my exhaust sound and add a little power. To my surprise it actually quieted down my L a bit but did add a little power.
I now feel ok about putting on headers. I have always used headers on my hot rods but I was concerned about too much noise on my L. I think this is going to work out great. I highly recommend you try this approach with the magnaflow muffler before you spend the big bucks on a custom exhaust. :p

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
steve:

I recently had JDM's Magnaflow c/b installed. This c/b has the single 14568 Magnaflow muffler. It has an internal X-pipe. Doesn't yours have the built-in X-pipe?

Btw, I love the sound(quiet at idle and cruise, a little raucous:r: at WOT) and a slight gain(certainly no loss) of power. It helps that I have a 5 lb pulley--extra air pressure in--and out.

Dan

TLight

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all Magnaflow Dual in/Dual out mufflers have a built in crossover. I know that the 12468 and the 12568 do for sure.

TXRickC

Established Member
My 12468 dual in/out has a built in x-over, and is much louder than stock. Very pleased with it for the amount I spent, especially after hearing a few locals w/flowmasters, blah

xjmd44

Established Member
I bet this sounded different!

:bash: It's absolute, the 12468 has the internal X-pipe....And this mucka added power and a "Wicked" sound to my Truck!:gt:

TXSVTLIGHTNING ,
Are you guys still geting together on the week-ends on the parking lot near Bob's BBQ? I have not been to Round Rock in a while. Last time I was there, I still had my '00 White L. I visited with a gentleman who had a Red '99 L at that time. I'll be making a trip to R.R. pretty soon. Maybe we can get together then

:thumbsup:

[email protected]:

Users who are viewing this thread