Magnaflow vs Mac??? NEED HELP!!!

BlkFord281

Established Member
i have been trying to decide what exhaust to go w/ for my 03 cobra now for a month...i dont want to spend $700 for a catback so i know these r pretty much my only choices....how r these two going to compare with sound? also i want to go w/ a catted x or h pipe so which would be louder and which would add more power?
anybody got any sound files i can here or maybe some good advice???? thanks alot

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I went with the magnaflow catback and couldnt be happier! Its not the loudest however, but I like it that way.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
I just installed the Magnaflow O/R-X & cat-backs. Very happy with install and sound...although it might be a bit loud for some. Not sure how it compares to others yet.:thumbsup:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I had mac on my car previously and I took it off because it was crap. I get way more compliments on the sound of my magnaflows thatn I ever did with my mac. just get magnaflow in the first place and you'll end up saving money. an off road pipe will be louder, but a catted pipe will give you more torque, and an o/r one will giver you less torque but more horsepower. but neither of them have a huge difference in power over the other.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I've heard MAC with the stock H : it sounds like one mean mustang.

Now I have catted X and Catback from Magnaflow : I've never heard anything better. People freak around here. Magnaflow seems to be very popular, but where I am 03 Cobras are scarce and so are Maggies.
I suggest the best idea is to find 2 cars with the different exhausts and make your choice then.

Users who are viewing this thread