Magnaflow vs Magnapack

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Other then the packs being louder, does one make better power than the other?

R1Psycho

Established Member
I love my magnaflows. Upr offroad X with magnaflows welded up to Bassani piping [ame=http://vimeo.com/5559460]Magnaflow on Vimeo[/ame]
My bassani's were trashed so instead of a new complete catback, I just cut the bassani's off and welded in the magnaflows

HighPSI

Established Member
Here is a quick breakdown for you. Performance will be the same because they have the exact same straight through core.

Sound-

Talking 03-04 Cobra specific. An oval Magnaflow and Magnapack will be about the same which is why on the 03-04 Cobra, there is no separate Magnapack cat-back system. This is because on the oval mufflers in the Cobra system are offset/offset on the same side for the inlet and outlet. So you aren't getting as much sound suppression you would with a same size muffler with a center/center in/out. Hope that makes sense

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
MagnaFlows are very tame with stock H-Pipe, I had them for a couple of years and then swapped out the Magna Muffs for some FlowMaster Super 40s and couldn't be happier. However I heard the MagnaPaks on an 02GT with stock mid pipe and it sounded so MEAN! Totally diff sound then my Magna CB on my Cobra. I don't know if the Magna Paks sound diff on a GT vs a Cobra but the MagnaPaks were way more aggressive in my opinion.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
i like the sound of the magnapacks IMO....and for power i would have to go with the magnapacks also just because its a circle canister and its a straight shot.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Flows with MagnaFlow catted X here. Sounds great. Quite enough when you want it to be but if you get on it, planty of sound.

jalock87

Established Member
I have headers and x-pipe with magnaflows and its not real noticeable at idle but at WOT they sound awesome with no drone. My buddy has the same setup with magnapacks and its a pretty noticeable at idle and at cruising speed over the magnaflows and has a little drone. IMO I like not having all the noise at cruising speed and no drone, but the loudness when it opens up. As far as performance im sure they are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread