Magnaflow X Pipe warranty?

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Hey, I bought a Magnaflow Xpipe with cats from you about a year ago, and I think one of the cats might be coming apart inside but I'm not sure yet. Do you know if those carry a warranty if it does end up being bad?

Thanks.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey, I bought a Magnaflow Xpipe with cats from you about a year ago, and I think one of the cats might be coming apart inside but I'm not sure yet. Do you know if those carry a warranty if it does end up being bad?

Thanks.

I spoke with Magnaflow and they said that there's a limited warranty on the cats for 2 years or 24000 miles. The warranty would not cover the cats if there are signs of excessive fuel or race fuel residue in them. That basically means if you're running a high HP car and make a considerable amount of power through them and the cats show signs of that you will not be covered. The warranty procedure if you feel the cat(s) simply failed would be to set up an RMA with Magnaflow and send the pipe back to them for them to inspect. If it's a manufacturer defect that cause the failure they will replace it. If they find signs of what I mentioned above they won't cover the cats under the limited warranty.

Hope that helps.
jared

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Thanks for finding this out Jared. So should I just call you tomorrow to find my purchase information and get info for contacting Magnaflow? I confirmed it tonight that the driver's side cat is rattling inside the xpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread