magnapack volume

Kask65

Established Member
im looking into a set of magnapacks to replace my bassani mufflers. im wondering exactly how loud are the magnapacks with a bassani catted x pipe. im looking for a louder muffler but not like the LM1s. any comments are appreciated.

4601S/C

Established Member
OP, based on similar design the magnapacks should sound similar to the lm2's

Not if he's talking about the Magnapacks I'm thinking about.
photo_8.JPG

I finally got the chance to hear Stingers with an o/r-x at full song on the dyno. I was pretty close to it (about 14" at a 3/4 view from the rear). That was LOUD! As it went past 5k my ears started to hurt. The cats should quite things down a bit, but these magnapacks seem similar to the stingers. IMO it's probably going to be quite loud even with the cats, but exhaust sound level tolerances are highly subjective. Youtube does little justice to actual volume of most exhausts.

Kask65

Established Member
Not if he's talking about the Magnapacks I'm thinking about.
photo_8.JPG

I finally got the chance to hear Stingers with an o/r-x at full song on the dyno. I was pretty close to it (about 14" at a 3/4 view from the rear). That was LOUD! As it went past 5k my ears started to hurt. The cats should quite things down a bit, but these magnapacks seem similar to the stingers. IMO it's probably going to be quite loud even with the cats, but exhaust sound level tolerances are highly subjective. Youtube does little justice to actual volume of most exhausts.

Ya that's why I just posted here. You can barely tell a quiet exhaust from a loud exhaust over a video

svtaddict

Established Member
lm2s are way smaller than the magnapacks. my packs sounds almost as loud as lm2s when cold but when they heat up the popping goes away and are maybe about the same level as stingers.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
lm2s are way smaller than the magnapacks. my packs sounds almost as loud as lm2s when cold but when they heat up the popping goes away and are maybe about the same level as stingers.

Your signature shows why you wrote this post. The SLP's and Magnapacks have almost identical shape and size. The LM2's have tappered edges and thats the only difference. They sound very similar and about the same volume... stupid loud depending on your mid pipe.

OP I think you will like the packs with your catted pipe. Most do and stick with them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread