magnuson tvs question/rant

03dsgdreams

Established Member
This kit has really grabbed my attention due to the available power-train warranty. Does anyone know what kind of RWHP numbers the kit puts down in stock warrant-able out of the box form, stock magnuson tune and all? Magnuson claims 120 HP and 120 LB/FT of torque but i am sure that's at the flywheel. One thing that deters me is the fact that magnuson requires an ASE certified tech to install the kit in order for them to honor there power-train warranty. They engineer a simple, direct bolt on, plug and play kit but require a certified tech to install it..! I went to school for auto tech on and off for a couple of years as well as worked in a shop wrenching for a while and quickly realized i hate working on rusted minivans and old family sedans so i decided to keep it a hobby. I have done all my own work on the five mustang's I have owned over the years other then tuning and I am the go to guy for repairs and maintenance on friends and family's cars. I have invested in thousand's of dollars worth of tools over the years and your telling me i cant install my own six thousand dollar supercharger kit..? Installing the parts is half the fun, its a big part of the hobby IMO. I am not about to pay a dealer or shop 600-1000 dollars to install my supercharger when i know i am more then capable of doing so myself.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
As far as numbers not sure but i think they are close to the roush numbers

You need to remember there are alot of retarded people out there having an ase tech do it is their way of protecting them......you want a warranty 600-1000 is a pretty cheap warranty if you ask me

03dsgdreams

Established Member
As far as numbers not sure but i think they are close to the roush numbers

You need to remember there are alot of retarded people out there having an ase tech do it is their way of protecting them......you want a warranty 600-1000 is a pretty cheap warranty if you ask me

I understand they are just protecting themselves from the idiots out there.. It just sucks for us enthusiasts who love working on are own cars and are more then capable of doing so. 275-475 for the warranty then 600-1000 for install, 6050 for the kit plus tax, It adds up quick.
:cuss:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
6700 out the door with a 3 year/36,000 mile power-train warranty is doable for me but closer to 8000 is not

RI_2011_GT

Established Member
If you want a warranty have a ford dealership install a Ford Racing kit or buy a Roush with a TVS. You could also get a GT500 :)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Here's an install thread with power numbers for just bolting the kit on:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mustang-gt-magnuson-supercharger-install.html

Here it is with our home brewed CAI (I'm actually working on the production version today):

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...icrous-power-gains-home-brewed-cai-build.html

I don't blame them for wanting an ASE tech to do the install in order to obtain the warranty. I wouldn't trust the work performed by No-thumbs Steve down at Freddy's Used Tires and 350 Chevy Dyno Emporium either.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
:burnout:
Here's an install thread with power numbers for just bolting the kit on:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mustang-gt-magnuson-supercharger-install.html

Here it is with our home brewed CAI (I'm actually working on the production version today):

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...icrous-power-gains-home-brewed-cai-build.html

I don't blame them for wanting an ASE tech to do the install in order to obtain the warranty. I wouldn't trust the work performed by No-thumbs Steve down at Freddy's Used Tires and 350 Chevy Dyno Emporium either.

Thanks sid. I have read all of your write ups on the magnuson and didn't you guys use a custom bbr tune because magnuson didn't have there's ready yet? About the install I completely understand why they require an ase tech do the install to honor the powertrain warranty. There's a lot of morons out there but I am not one of them and its just a little agervating for me hense the rant.. Maybe ill just do some studying and go get my ase engine cert..

juniormedic

Established Member
I am experiencing the same frustration as I'm looking to do the same to my 12 GT. For comparison priced a base TVS kit installed at Roush's shop and was quoted 7400 + warranty which for me would only be for a year anyway. Almost 8G's! Still undecided. :shrug:

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Screw the warranty, slap a blower on it and be happy. If it breaks fix it! If that's out of your realm then leave it stock buy an older car and throw some power at that.

bigriff85

Established Member
I'd go with the whipple/roush route due to the poor engineering on the Maggie's belt set up if you try pulleying it past a 3.4 you will get ridiculous amounts of belt slip and there is no way to go 8 rib or with bigger tensioner set ups either...

Users who are viewing this thread