main bearing??? help

seths99cobra

Established Member
im having trouble finding the correct main bearings for my 99 teskid block. ive tried two clevite part numbers and no luck. ive tried two sealed powered bearings and a king bearing from summit and that set was all screwed up three different main bearing in the same packing. are the 99 teskid blocks a center set tab? mine is a center set tab. ive received two center set and two offsets. the first set was supposedly correct but they were too thick and couldnt rotate the crank even with the main caps off. ive found a stamp of some sort on one side of the block that says 98 and its in a star or flower type thing stamp. then the other side has a stamp on there that reads RE-XR3E then under it it says 6015-ca then a 4 right under it. need some help identifying this block and a correct part number for the main bearings. ive been fighting this for three months and the machine shop is stumped as well. help guys thanks again

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
im having trouble finding the correct main bearings for my 99 teskid block. ive tried two clevite part numbers and no luck. ive tried two sealed powered bearings and a king bearing from summit and that set was all screwed up three different main bearing in the same packing. are the 99 teskid blocks a center set tab? mine is a center set tab. ive received two center set and two offsets. the first set was supposedly correct but they were too thick and couldnt rotate the crank even with the main caps off. ive found a stamp of some sort on one side of the block that says 98 and its in a star or flower type thing stamp. then the other side has a stamp on there that reads RE-XR3E then under it it says 6015-ca then a 4 right under it. need some help identifying this block and a correct part number for the main bearings. ive been fighting this for three months and the machine shop is stumped as well. help guys thanks again

Are you positive it is a 99 teksid block?

Can call MMR...they put Clevites in my 99 Teksid in 2008

fastback brian

Established Member
Ive built a few of them and dont remember anything special about the mains. I just ordered another set from summit, ms2259hx, for a 98 block.. for sure you cant use the cast iron block romeo bearings. clevite bearings that fit are commonly listed for the 05-10 3v blocks. and then you need to measure the main bore, the main journals to check if they are in spec. the main caps really needs the full 40 step torque sequence done to line hone and check the I.D. if the crank has never been cut then you need standard bearings, no undersize...

seths99cobra

Established Member
the only thing that was done to the block was bored .020 over. and deck was checked. the machinist said to use standard size. the second set i had was for the iron block and the tab offsets were wrong. and this ms2259hx will work for the aluminium block?

fastback brian

Established Member
The ms2259 is for the aluminum 4.6 blocks. You can get them in a different compounds and sizes. For your application I would stick with a 2259p bearing or get a new set from ford..

Users who are viewing this thread