Maintenance

L1GHTN1NG SVT

Established Member
Hey guys I bought my truck last april with 38,000 on it, I got a free extended 48,000 mile bumper to bumper with it so I'm covered all the way up until 86,000 or 4 years as far as anything major going wrong. I have about 48,000 on it as we speak. It is a 2000 Lightning so I know they had issues with the intercoolers and I was wondering if there was anyway to find out when and if it was serviced for this other than Ford. Also because I don't know the previous owners and how they treated it I was wondering when you guys think I should do scheduled maintenance such as tune ups, radiator flushes, tranny flushes, and rear-end maintenance. Also whenever I do end up changing these things is there anything you guys suggest as far as plugs and fluids and such.

Oil is changed religiously about every 2500 miles with Mobil 1 Synthetic, and since it's winter here there's no way in hell I'm changing it myself and I'm tired of the Valvoline losers asking me when the last time all of the other stuff was changed, if I wanted them to change it I would have asked right?!!!! :fm: :beer:

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I flushed the cooling system in mine at 45k, just did the plugs at 80K but I recomend doing it before then, change the fuel filter every other oil change, and get the tranny flushed about every 30K, this is how I have been doing the maintenece on my truck and have never had a single problem. You shouldnt have to service the rear end for awhile, I had to have a rear axle seal replaced at 79K and the fluid was still super clean, but it will probally depend on your driving habits.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Call Ford SVT and ask for an Oasis report. You will need your VIN and vehicle registration. It will tell you if the intercooler has been fixed.

L1GHTN1NG SVT

Established Member
Thanks a lot for the help guys, will be calling Ford tomorrow and it looks like i'll be getting my coolant and tranny flushed soon. I drive it like I stole it every day as a Lightning should be driven LOL. The damn ticket I got last month has cooled me down a bit tho :( Anyone know how long it takes for the Oasis Report to come back? Anyone happen to have the Ford SVT number you call?

Users who are viewing this thread