Major Mod RX7 and my Stock '03

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I was going around town here and saw a really nice looking rx7 probably a '95 or so. I pull up next to him and we take off. MAN! this guy was amazingly fast! We were going about 40 and then we hit it. He pulls away like I was in a bicycle :cuss: Well, not that bad, but he had some serious speed :burnout: . At the next light I ask him what he had under there, he said that he just put in a twin turbo engine and some other bolt on stuff. Well, the guy turns out to be a really really nice guy. We end up meeting some of his friends that were heading to Ennis last friday night, seem like great guys. :beer:

The moral of the story is thus: It's always fun driving around in a stock '03 woopin up on everyone until you get your butt handed to you. . . . . . Now, if I only had some money for about 100 more hp . . . and get it past my wife :) :rollseyes

P.S. Does anyone know what an rx7 twin turbo's numbers look like?

Later!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Last time I was at the track, this guy was running a fairly stock RX-7 and was pulling mid 13s with it. Not too shabby for early nineties car. They are beautiful cars but really hard to maintain and work on because there are not a lot of rotary tuners around.

StangD281

Established Member
Race him from a dig....it's a TOTALLY different story. Same goes for the Supra....roll racing is their thing!

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
You know, that's what he said too. He red's at 9000 rpm . . . woah!

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I just saw that thread 30 seconds ago . . . nice to see you here! What will it take for our cars to beat that tt? Also, how does the 7 compare to the supra? Both being tt's and all?

Blades

Established Member
I just beat one with "5k into the engine" by about 10 cars off the line. NO LIE. I have it on video.. heh. instant message me at o3cobra on AIM if you want it.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Nice death, rx7's have one main thing in their advantage, wieght. they weigh atleast 1500lbs less than an 03 cobra

NastyWS6

Established Member
BTW race them from a stop, it will be a different story. From a roll you most likely get killed.

fiveoguy

Established Member
I have a good friend with a pretty heavily modded 93 fd rx7. We recently went to the dyno and he made about 320 to the rear wheels. He also weighs right around 2600 lbs, so you are looking at a considerably better power to weight ratio with the rx7, however, his peak torque was around 250, and there is a lot less area under the curve. They are very fast cars.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
I think the stock HP was 255 from 1.3 liters. I used see them all the time needing new engines at 40k miles. They give a new meaning to the word detonation.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
> StangD281: Race him from a dig....it's a TOTALLY different story.

Not so sure about that. The Rex is pretty quick off the line.
I didn't think it was....

Originally posted by NastyWS6
BTW race them from a stop, it will be a different story. From a roll you most likely get killed.

Neither does Nasty...

:shrug:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jerky
The moral of the story is thus: It's always fun driving around in a stock '03 woopin up on everyone until you get your butt handed to you. . . . .

A lesson I learned last week when I raced a modded Z06...I was a bigtime :loser: ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread