Make SVTperformance.com faster donations.

Will you donate money?

• Yes, I would if Steve asked for it.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No, lets pursue other options.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
Hey everyone,

I have heard a lot of what I would call, temporary quick fixes to try and resolve the sluggishness at peak hours on this site. I propose we do what they do in businesses when this happends, which is DUMP MORE MONEY INTO IT. Afterall, I don't want this site to change at all, just run faster! This is just a friendly attempt to see who would be willing to donate a little money towards improving the site. I have not spoken with Steve on this, it's my own experiment.

If we can see how many people are willing to donate we can calculate how much should be donated and how much could potentially be made.

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW I am not trying to assume that financial help is needed on this site, but rather just take a poll to see how many people would want to be involved ->IF<- this was the way to go.

EDIT2: I know I'm not the most popular member here, hell I don't even own an SVT, but I decided to make this thread anyway.

Last edited:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I think you should've spoken to Steve first, then posted a poll. The amount would play a role also, and who's to say that money would easily solve the problem. There's many issues to be worked out.

EvoOwner

Established Member
I'm a system analyst/programmer who believes that money can solve most computer related limitations, faster servers, more storage, higher bandwidth, all cost $. Although I am not familiar with these forum/site software systems, so maybe someone more knowledgable about them could chime in, if they are in fact part of the limitations.

And this is just a simple experiment and SHOULD NO WAY REFLECT HOW THE OWNER/ADMIN FEELS.

Sorry if this post is out of line, if it is then mods please delete it. thanks.

Last edited:

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
I did speak to Steve and tried to tell the moron up there that it wasn't going to happen. He doesn't listen.

EvoOwner

Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
I did speak to Steve and tried to tell the moron up there that it wasn't going to happen. He doesn't listen.

So then this is a meaningless poll then, who gives a crap, don't vote then. It's just an experiment thats all, didn't I make this clear?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Hey Evo way to take up MORE bandwidth...I thought the purpose was to save bandwidth not waste it on a new thread. Start by helping bandwidth and delete this post.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
? The moron ? You calling Steve a Moron ?

No no no. :bowdown: Sorry Steve. I was calling EvoOwner a moron. Thought it'd be obvious. He's the only moron in this thread.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Man ! We all need to take a deep breath. A post is like a grain of sand on a beach in terms of the bandwidth. It's miniscule. ? It's a lil piece of PHP code ? Don't worry about it. The AIM convos are just cut back because ppl that aren't in them get mad because they have to wade through 4 to 5 pages of nothing posts. ?

I don't care either way. I think there is a place for post whoring threads. And I don't think that there should be a double standard either.

It's simple my proposal is just that 90 % of them get through to the very end anyways. They we'll be locked after they are done and if ppl want to look at them they can look at them. If not then there ya go. They won't be deleted but just locked ! And still in the publics eye. Seems simple to me ? And no more just disapperaing posts without a pm or notifacation ? Not going to please everyone and the mods and admins on this site I think do an exceptional job staying in the middle and answering pm and emails directed to them ? Just my two cents.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
And what makes EvoOwner a moron? Because he started this thread....please. He said he was going to and i see no harm in it. I would donate money if need be. Seeing on how 7 ppl voted already in favor of donations and no one against it..then there r 7 morons now, not just EvoOwner. His posts have been some of the most constructive on this board out of the majority of members here. He's made the effort to learn about 03's in general..i'd be willing to bet he knows more about 03's than some of their own owners. I've seen him take the time to explain import cars to anyone here that would listen. I've seen a change in quite a few 03 owner's opinions and views towards import cars because of Jason. If you're going to personally insult someone then post it in Smackdown and keep it off this forum.

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Then WTF is everyone's problem with him? I'm sick of the name calling and f*cking negative posts that isn't Smackdown related.

Last edited:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I've liked him ever since the STI vs Cobra thread. Good to see him not back down to all the 03 owners who were knocking the STI. Which is an awesome car by the way. :beer:

nj7703

Established Member
Hmmm my 2 cents.. Being that i am the shy reserved type and do not speak my mind often i'll take this oppertunity to say that whoring, pic posting, smack talking is all a part of any board. It is about participation. If you just want to just read then we should all have non interactive blogs. We need a consistant and fair level of conduct. This is not Larry's job, or Steve's or anyone elses. We need as members to just maybe follow the written guidelines a bit better. Post whore? you're looking at him. I will make an effort to reduce the stupidty and sarcastic barbs i tend to post. That is why we have smackdown, even there, there are rules. What's my point? ohh yeah we as members make the community, we dictate the site, the experience. The speed issue is technical, that can be resolved. The bigger issue is conduct, and I for one will do my personal conversations thru AIM if i know the person and feel the need to talk to someone. I think we all like it here, the trolls are far less, the ovious morons don't stay, so who is left? the people i love getting my info from. People, who post entertaning posts that can make my day. Mary's jokes alone have saved my coworkers from a "Postal Fate" We gotta make this work as members, you have a beef with what was said? respond, then maybe take it PM or offline. We all want what's best, to have the site be the place it always was.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
Dude the real question is why is that sig chopping up asian chicks ? Ughhhh?

I never go into smackdown though to often. !

I thought it was pretty cool, so I used it. Not that I have anything against asian women, hell i'm dating one.

Users who are viewing this thread