Mammoth KB 2.8 Results

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Results? Yes the results are in plus data comparisons between the 2.6L, 2.8HO, and now the Mammoth 2.8. Don't ask me how I went from a lil old ham & egg'er bracket racer with an upper only unported eaton to having now owned 3 top notch Kenne Bell's....:stars:

All Dyno results are/have been on Evolution Performance's Mustang Dyno, all tuning has been done by Jon Lund, no other changes except the blowers.

After staring at the mammoth inlet, TB, & 4.5" tubing the first thing Jon did was add fuel, lots of fuel. This thing was leaning out at idle...lol We started out with the 3.75/4 combo and found this produced 21.7lbs of boost, 20 deg timing, & 11.5 a/f (I'm pretty sure I've got the timing & a/f in range, will correct if off). Here is where we could've stopped because the numbers were better than the 2.6L 610/629 @ 22.8 boost, 11.8 a/f, & 23'ish timing, it also was better HP wise than the 2.8H 702/706 @ 25.8 boost, 11.8 a/f, & 22.5 timing. The Mammoth numbers were 718/651.

Next pull we went with the 3.5/4 combo, this produced 23.9 boost, 22 timing, 11.6 a/f = 748/691. Final combo change to 3.25/4 gave 26.5 boost, 22 timing, 11.6 a/f = 759/722. All corrected Mustang Dyno numbers.

IAT2 temps all were in the 104-114 range, and I'm still using the prefab IC box.

Mammothenginebay.jpg

A Big Thanks goes out to Jon Lund@Lund Racing, Evolution Performance - their bays are always full with GT 500's & Cobra's, Jason@CSS, and Bill@BillsAutoPerformance for rebuilding the T-56 and keeping 'er going.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Really impressive numbers! :rockon:

But for me it doesn't look right to see the CAI on the driver's side of the engine bay... :shrug:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
wowsers. i've been tossing around ideas of what i'm going to do with my car---hellraiser, or big, big twinscrew. those numbers are incredible

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Wow Insane Numbers, can you give us any other details? Ported Heads or Cams? What fuel system are you running?

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Wow, what type of fuel are you running?

112 Leaded Race Fuel

Wow Insane Numbers, can you give us any other details? Ported Heads or Cams? What fuel system are you running?

Boss 330 built motor, Teksid Alum block, stage 1 street comp cams, Jan 05 heads with valve job, 60lb injectors, stock rails, GT pumps w 2 fpdm's, 2800maf, kept stock compression (still a street car)

one question, how much of a PITA is it to check/fill the oil now?

The flexible part of the tube is over the dipstick, but easily removable, no restriction to the oil fill.

Can't wait to see the track results.

MIR this coming Saturday...hopefully everything will hold up!

we need vids of this beast!

Evolution did get a vid of the dyno - should be posting it up soon..:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread