Man Racer! 550 HP S197 Mustang Race Car

91svtbird

Established Member
Very nice,great story. I especially liked the Roush-Yates engine with the sequential Aussie gearbox.
This could be the rebirth of the orginal "Trans Am series",wouldn't that be great!

Just what the American auto companys need to bring in new young blood to their showrooms. Show those imports a thing or two about American Muscle!

The new 05 style Stang has already sparked new excitement in the Pony car market causing GM and Dim Chry to hurry up and answer with their version of one. A new Trans Am type race venue would be the next logical step in the competition between brands. You gotta love it.

PS: I would like to see these cars run a production available drivetrain.

Last edited:

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Pics of the new FR500 at Long Beach

Bad Ass, but the name man racer is really gay

index.php
index.php
index.php

Images courtesy of The Mustang Source

Thread

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=46717&hl=champ

Last edited:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
FR500 BB = Big Bore? Just a guess

Fourcam could you fill us in with some more information on this engine. Thanks

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
It's your std frpp 5.0 liter mod block, fr500 heads and intake and custom cams...they had an article that soft batch is referring to about these engines, they were at the time about 500hp...

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
It's your std frpp 5.0 liter mod block, fr500 heads and intake and custom cams...they had an article that soft batch is referring to about these engines, they were at the time about 500hp...

I think it is probably the Daytona Prototype motor, it would have about that amount of power. This is the 2003 media specs on that engine.

Robert Yates Racing, Ford MOD V8
position Mid Longitudinal
Natural aspiration
DOHC, 4 Valves per Cyl w/Variable Inlet Geometry
5000 cc / 305.1 cu in
372.9 kw / 500 bhp @ Not Available rpm
litre 100.0 bhp per litre
510.73 bhp per weight

Fourcam330

Established Member
I hope that one has forged rods. FWIW, Naz is running almost the same combination--a little less compression and cam--and making high 450rw N/A. He could easily make more power by reving higher but there's no sense with a synchronized tranny.

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
chuckstang said:
of course lol its a race car that cost $$$$$$$

Just the hood... That hood cant be that much more expensive to manufacture. But I wasn't saying put it on the GT500 I was just asking a preference question ya jerk! (just kidding man lol) :-D

Snake Eyes

Established Member
On a side note just imagine how fast that car would be with MM's SLA front suspension....(once it comes out). I would bet it would keep up with a Ford GT. I just cant help but think between the boy racer, the man racer and the GT-R show car we have to be close to seeing the next Cobra R. Probably next year.

jshen

Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
Who else thinks that hood looks way better than the GT500 hood?

From the looks of it I doubt it would clear the huge GT500 tower brace and supercharger though.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
On a side note just imagine how fast that car would be with MM's SLA front suspension....(once it comes out). I would bet it would keep up with a Ford GT. I just cant help but think between the boy racer, the man racer and the GT-R show car we have to be close to seeing the next Cobra R. Probably next year.

That's a bold statement.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Well you figure power levels are similar, and chassis rigidity is probably similar. Now the race wing and front splitter probably gives the mustang better downforce. Now the GT weighs 3468 pounds while the FR500C weighs 3125 (which I assume would be the weight of the man racer) which gives the mustang an advantage. Center of gravity and wind resistance is a different story but the mustang is built for the track and the GT is built for the street. Not to mention the fact that the mustang was only 10 seconds off the pace of Grand-Am Daytona Prototype race cars right off the truck would lead me to believe that it would be able to hold it's own against a GT if not beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread