#ManifoldMonday

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Here is some of the work we have done with direct ports on the coyote platform. We offer custom plumbing work that can be done through us or any of our dealers! Blow By Racing can get you guys set up.

A little bit about direct ports..

Direct port systems are handy for higher horsepower applications. By placing one nozzle per cylinder, you can achieve a perfect cylinder to cylinder distribution at higher horsepower levels. A direct port allows you to change the jetting on each individual cylinder, whereas with a plate you are limited to two jets, which works fine for lower horsepower levels. However, if you are planning on running anything 300+ shot, we normally recommend to start looking towards a direct port to help keep your tuneup accurate. Our plates work awesome as well, but a direct port is just more suitable for "high" horsepower nitrous applications.

The first pic is a Single Stage Rail Direct port.. (100-600 progressable HP.)
bossintake2.jpg

The second pic is a Dual Stage Distribution Block Setup (100-1200 progressable HP.)
bossintake1.jpg

Enjoy!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Garrett we need to talk asap because that would look beautiful on my built motor!!!! The HO plate is awesome but I think that I'm starting to see some possible fuel distribution issues with the 250 shot on the plate with the recent installation of the boss manifold.

Last edited:

Redline8k

Established Member
Have you done any work with the CJ manifold? Pros cons?? Im going to post up and ask the group. Just thought Id ask here too.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Have you done any work with the CJ manifold? Pros cons?? Im going to post up and ask the group. Just thought Id ask here too.

The cobra jet manifold works great. We have a plate available for it as well as a custom plumbed direct port setup. No issues with running nitrous on one.

Thanks,
Garrett

redline5.0

Established Member
Got any pictures of a cobra jet with a direct port setup. I don't even want to run nitrous but that would just look bad ass lol.

mhyjek

Established Member
Would love to see this w/centri like paxton built pullied to 3.33 and spraying 600 hp that would be freaking fast!!! Of course fuel and driveline would need to be done. Does anyone have a setup like/similar for mentioned out there? Because to be honest building my motor and planning to leave it at 3.33 pulley with fuel system for DD and track but if want to do texas mile or track rental would love to have something like this! What would be approximate cost for the 2nd example?

NitrousExpress

Established Member
The dual stage one will run you pretty close to 3 grand. That is two systems. :) The first one will still do 600hp like a walk in the park, and should run you around 1500$ all said and done. (roundabout price.)

-Garrett

mhyjek

Established Member
That's with me sending you my boss manifold correct? Do you guys have any running on built motor with Paxton ? My goal is to run about 800 whp without nitrous then spray a progressive shot till my tires are rate limiting factor. Usually you net more than your spraying so if I sprayed 400 it would equal about 500 wheel horsepower correct? or if I have 800 wheel horsepower and spray it with 400 shot I would expect it to not somewhere around 1300 hp?

NitrousExpress

Established Member
That's with me sending you my boss manifold correct? Do you guys have any running on built motor with Paxton ? My goal is to run about 800 whp without nitrous then spray a progressive shot till my tires are rate limiting factor. Usually you net more than your spraying so if I sprayed 400 it would equal about 500 wheel horsepower correct? or if I have 800 wheel horsepower and spray it with 400 shot I would expect it to not somewhere around 1300 hp?

That is correct, that is with you sending in your manifold. The second part of that is correct also, on boosted applications they tend to make more power, especially torque. A 75 shot normally nets at least 100 ft/lb for example. Nitrous and Boost are great together. Plus, nitrous helps cool the air charge alot also, so it makes more power in that aspect also.

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread