Marauder 1, Cadillac STS-V 0

bigslim

Established Member
Well tonight I got to run a car that I had been hoping to line up next to. I will not say what street I was on but I will say that it host the largest cruise in the world.

I saw this Cadillac STS-V (469hp) at the light in the left lane. I pulled up next to it in the right lane. Windows were tinted on this silver STS-V but I could see the silhouette of two people in it. As the light changed we took off and he hit it. I hit also and started pulling on him like it was nothing. All you could hear was the whine of two Eaton blowers going at it. As we approched the next light he would not even come up next to me. He lagged behind me for the next two lights as if to hold his head down in shame. Nice car that Cadillac is. Is it worth the $77,000?? I guess that is up to the individual.

Mercury Marauder 1, Cadillac STS-V 0

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Nice run!! What does that blown Marauder run at the track? Nice ride you have there. :thumbsup:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Nice race man! I can't believe you are still street racing on that road though. SOOOOOO many cops now :nonono:. Its ridiculous!!!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good job man. they are nice cars. i saw one the other day for the first time..

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill. I've seen the STS-V run 13.1s bone stock but with traction they should be high 12s with that king of power.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
how heavy are those sts-v's.... your only making 391whp which is about what the STS-v should be making.

sounds like u got a bad ass marauder.. i love those cars

edit.. they weigh 4233 lbs.. pretty heavy especially wiht two ppl in one. i guess your car is alot lighter than that to pull him so hard, or else ur numbers are on a mustang dyno

Last edited:

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I didnt know the cts-v's were supercharged, love those marauders, my buddy has a trilogy marauder and he got his wheels widened with 305 nittos...talk about sleeper.

mfracing

Established Member
ya, i raced one of those new caddys from a stop and i didn't do as good, can't hookup my street tires. i thought i was going to sideswipe him i got so sideways in second when i got in third i started to pull on him and we ran out of room. we lined up again and i tryed to get him to go from a roll but he didn't go!

Mr Kram

Established Member
F8LBITEva said:
I didnt know the cts-v's were supercharged, love those marauders, my buddy has a trilogy marauder and he got his wheels widened with 305 nittos...talk about sleeper.

STS-V not CTS-V

bigslim

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
how heavy are those sts-v's.... your only making 391whp which is about what the STS-v should be making.

sounds like u got a bad ass marauder.. i love those cars

edit.. they weigh 4233 lbs.. pretty heavy especially wiht two ppl in one. i guess your car is alot lighter than that to pull him so hard, or else ur numbers are on a mustang dyno
The Marauder is about the same weight. Maybe the 410 rearend helped.

bigslim

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Nice race man! I can't believe you are still street racing on that road though. SOOOOOO many cops now :nonono:. Its ridiculous!!!
I couldn't pass this one up. I had been wanting to see how they (STS-V) run. I had done a loop and saw none. Believe me, I won't be doing that again. I have seen a lot of LEO's out there. As a matter of fact later that night I saw a yellow Z06 and a black Evo get drag racing tickets around 15 mile. Be careful out there.

GH1086

Established Member
If you only ran a 13.1 a stock STS-V has the potential to beat you. The only way you could pull on him like it was nothing is if he sat there and spun. Nice kill never the less though. I really like Marauders.

mfracing

Established Member
bigslim said:
Last year I ran a 13.1 at 105mph in 80 degree heat.

ya, at the track with tires i would dail in at 13.1 @ 104mph and a off pass was 13.3! now i have more power and i haven't been to the track, the first race i've had from a stop on the street was the caddy and i really don't want to street race so when this weather clears and i get ats tuned on the 23 we will see what happens at the track. i'm hoping for way better #'s then!

bigslim

Established Member
GH1086 said:
If you only ran a 13.1 a stock STS-V has the potential to beat you. The only way you could pull on him like it was nothing is if he sat there and spun. Nice kill never the less though. I really like Marauders.
As I said before it could have been the 410's. BTW, I have a new tune this year and have not been out to the track to see what it will do now.

Also, last year at Milan Raceway Cadillac had a STS-V out there for "Eaton Day" and the best I saw it run was 13.6. I am sure that there are variances in these cars too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread