Marauder as a daily driver?

EATONSWAPPEDDTR

Established Member
Me too, like the coolant crossover tube!

If I recall. I cut mine down lower about just less than one inch and cut it back just less than one inch. Have it welded up, pressure check it too.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
My marauder was a 90% daily driver until earlier this year. Rarely was driven on rainy days and never in snow. I owned it since 130k miles and it now has 183k on it. It's hands down the best DD I've ever had. Comfortable, balanced, great visibility, looks good, gets compliments, slow left lane people move when you come up behind them, plenty of space for people/stuff, don't see them every day. The windows are tinted, it has a nice aftermarket stereo system, and it's been programmed to change the shift points/firmness. Other than that it is bone stock. Gas mileage is 18 around town, 20 combined, 24-25 interstate. I only stopped driving it every day because I got a 99 Accord for daily driver duty which gets 30mpg around town (commute is 24 miles each way), and beacuse I want to keep the Marauder nice so I can sell it soon and put that money toward a new Mustang GT.

If you are thinking about a Marauder as a daily driver, I believe you should do it.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
My marauder was a 90% daily driver until earlier this year. Rarely was driven on rainy days and never in snow. I owned it since 130k miles and it now has 183k on it. It's hands down the best DD I've ever had. Comfortable, balanced, great visibility, looks good, gets compliments, slow left lane people move when you come up behind them, plenty of space for people/stuff, don't see them every day. The windows are tinted, it has a nice aftermarket stereo system, and it's been programmed to change the shift points/firmness. Other than that it is bone stock. Gas mileage is 18 around town, 20 combined, 24-25 interstate. I only stopped driving it every day because I got a 99 Accord for daily driver duty which gets 30mpg around town, and beacuse I want to keep the Marauder nice so I can sell it soon and put that money toward a new Mustang GT.

If you are thinking about a Marauder as a daily driver, I believe you should do it.

Shoot me a PM if you put it up for sale soon.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I just can't bring myself to actually do it.. aagh.

Last year I was looking at every possible way to sell my car and pick up a cobra or mach 1, but after the 4.10's, new headlights and double din touch screen, I've been enjoying every minute I drive my car. Now I can't wait to get the eaton on :rockon:

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Last year I was looking at every possible way to sell my car and pick up a cobra or mach 1, but after the 4.10's, new headlights and double din touch screen, I've been enjoying every minute I drive my car. Now I can't wait to get the eaton on :rockon:

Oh BTW..my Terminator just went up for sale.

ADE 1000

Established Member
These kind of threads always makes me wonder:
1. How many more Marauders would they have sold if they came with the terminator motor from the factory?
2. How much more would they be worth now?

My dad's supercharged one is the perfect car. Lots of space, decent enough gas mileage, and plenty of speed. And looks good to boot.

DSC_0466.jpg

Agreed :beer:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Oh BTW..my Terminator just went up for sale.

If I manage to pick up this IT job and it gets extended, I'm going to show up to your house with a suitcase full of money and make you rethink what you just wrote :read:

It'll go from "haha, my terminators for sale" to, "**** yes my terminators for sale!" :-D

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
If I manage to pick up this IT job and it gets extended, I'm going to show up to your house with a suitcase full of money and make you rethink what you just wrote :read:

It'll go from "haha, my terminators for sale" to, "**** yes my terminators for sale!" :-D

Hope it's a big suitcase. :rolling:

327blwn

Established Member
I bought my marauder brand new and now have 215,000 miles on it. It has been the most reliable car I have owned. I have never even pulled the dip stick on the trans, ever.

I had the issues with the lighting control module, and the climate control module but those were easy fixes. I get 18.5--20.5 in my rush hour commute and get 23-24 mpg on the highway.

The biggest thing that has now come up is that I need to change the timing chain guides and tensioners.....but I can't complain considering the miles.

Fosters

Established Member
Pick your gear ratio better. These cars have 28.6" tires stock, and a common rear tire that's good and cheap and sticks well is the 255/55/18 nitto 420s; which is 29"... if you go that route, 4.10s just aren't 4.10s as you would experience in a mustang. 4.56s are actually exact same RPMs (-12 rpm or so at 75mph) as 4.10s in an automatic mustang.

Because of the rear tire size, 4.10s are the equivalent of a 3.68-3.73ish gear ratio in a mustang/crownvic/etc. There's a guy on there with the 420s's in that size, with 4.30s running a blower...

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Pick your gear ratio better. These cars have 28.6" tires stock, and a common rear tire that's good and cheap and sticks well is the 255/55/18 nitto 420s

The problem with those tires is they look like balloons on the factory wheels, and odd considering the small front tires.

Cooper makes tires in the Marauder OEM sizes that a lot of people are using now. I've been fortunate enough to be able to find the OEM-sized BFG KDWS any time I've needed them.

Fosters

Established Member
If I could, mine would be rolling on 15" centerline telstars or bogarts... with some big honking meat in the back. I do think I'm gonna get some slightly larger diameter fronts to make them a bit more equal. Bone stock I can barely chirp the 420s's from a stop; I'll find out tomorrow how 4.56s behave :D

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The problem with those tires is they look like balloons on the factory wheels, and odd considering the small front tires.

Cooper makes tires in the Marauder OEM sizes that a lot of people are using now. I've been fortunate enough to be able to find the OEM-sized BFG KDWS any time I've needed them.

They are .4" taller than stock, its really not noticeable at all

27837_1445079407572_386761_n.jpg

If I could, mine would be rolling on 15" centerline telstars or bogarts... with some big honking meat in the back. I do think I'm gonna get some slightly larger diameter fronts to make them a bit more equal. Bone stock I can barely chirp the 420s's from a stop; I'll find out tomorrow how 4.56s behave :D

Sounds like you need mo pah'.

To bad we can't fit 15's on a 98+ panther. I wanted to run 16's with a TCE BBK rear but that is also no dice....

Users who are viewing this thread