Marauder

web305

Established Member
13430502702.268850749.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I'm looking to get a new daily driver and came across this Marauder. Its got 50,000 miles and its for a good price. Im just wondering if any one who has one or if anyone knows about them, how is their reliability when they start getting up in the mileage. What type of preventative maintenance should be performed, what should i be expecting to come with higher mileage, ect... Please if anyone could give me any info I would greatly appreciate it.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
What problems do that have when miles get high...none really. The engine isnt working very hard in those. As far as the car itself, its been around for ages so the platform has all the bugs worked out. If its alls tock it will feel like a dog. They really need 4.10 gears and tuning to feel "quick". You should be able to get it at a pretty good rpice right now.

sd8683

Vince Masuka is DA Man!
Established Member
They are pretty reliable for the most part, it definately needs 410's and a tune, they are pretty slow in stock form but a few bolt ons and they wake right up.

Check this site out for all your marauder info, mercurymarauder.net

Last edited:

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Those are awesome cars and id like to have one as a daily. Basically a Mach1 motor in a crown vic. I work at Lincoln/Mercury and they rarley in for anything but maintenance. Flush the trans, replace brake fluid, coolant and rear end fluid too and you'll be good. Also you might pop a rear airbag if you get sideways alot.

cornholio

Established Member
Have a friend who travels the eastern US and refuses to fly. He just turned 225000 miles with only regular tune ups. Completely stock. He still loves it. Never left him anywhere.

99cobra302

Established Member
lets take a look, its the last full body-on-frame car left in production, its been in production since the 70's. countless taxi companies drive them to 300,000+ miles. it has essentially the same engine as 99-01 cobra's and 03-04 mach 1's.

they dont really get much more reliable than that. go for it.

red00lght

Established Member
Hmmm....I never considered one of those for a DD but that is a interesting choice! Lots of room for kiddy in the back, cheap to mod, and reliable! Please don't give me any more ideas for the future!!! :rolling:

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Great Cars, I have one with 85k+ miles with a recently installed eaton and 4.10s. 390/380 makes them very fun with a huge trunk and big interior space. Go for it!

LS2GTO

Established Member
I think it would be a great dd, you will be arriving at your destinations much faster with that. Got a ride in a buddy's blown marauder a while ago and you would not believe the respect we got on the highway. Granted it was at night and he has tinted windows, but people were just moving out of our way as soon as we came up within a few car lengths of way. It was awesome.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Get it, I have a 99 MGM as my daily and love it. Its rides like a couch on wheels and gets 16+ mpg around town. I recently just got the windows limo tinted and the amount of respect i now get from motorist is hilarious people wont pass me on the highways and are always trying to stare in to look for a cop. Marauders are badass and when i am in need of a new daily i am going to pick one up.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I wanted one real bad but the old lady doesn't like the way they look....she thinks they're for drug dealers, LMAO!! I would SO get one if I could!!

-Mike

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
That would make an awesome dd. They are very nice driving cars and haven proven they take a beating by the State Police

web305

Established Member
thanks everyone for the info and insight on the car. i think im gunna go for it. the only thing is im not sure how its gunna be in the winter but oh well i'll deal with it.

sd8683

Vince Masuka is DA Man!
Established Member
thanks everyone for the info and insight on the car. i think im gunna go for it. the only thing is im not sure how its gunna be in the winter but oh well i'll deal with it.

I drove mine through a Boston winter last year and the thing was a tank in the snow! I was shocked! I had blizzak's on police 16 inch steelies.

Users who are viewing this thread